Thread: injector data

Tuner in Training

injector data

does anyone have injector data to run GM 12613412 flex fuel injector in a 03 lq9?

Advanced Tuner
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi

Tuner in Training
    Thank you. I way looking for that post but it was not coming up.

Potential Tuner
    Hey everyone. First time posting and I have been searching for an answer to this same question, although I still can't seem to find exactly the answer to my situation. I also have an 03 LQ9, and it is swapped into my 95 obs truck. I originally planned to turbo it so I got these same injectors, but have since taken the turbo idea off the table. I had a base tune done from brandon at LT1swap just to get it running, and told him about these injectors. He programmed it and I have been running the truck since and its been fine but i know there is more to be had, hence why I finally opted to get HP Tuners.

Now to the question, I read my tune the other day and it shows 42lbs across the board in the IFR table. The constant value is due to me having a return fuel system. That is fine and I get it, but I do not think this is the correct value. Everything I have come across online shows the excel sheets for returnless systems causing the IFR to have incremental values. I need a SET VALUE. The big issue I have is that i can not find a "GM Dataset" of the ACTUAL flow rate at 58psi. From all of the searching I have done, I have seen everything from 42-54 lbs at 58psi. Since these are not Gen 3 injectors and they come from a return type fuel setup (incremental values), im having a hard time...

The current tune has 42 and the truck seems to run fine and fuel trims are VERY good, although I feel I should be getting better MPG. I feel that having 42 instead of 50 is causing it to run richer than it should (more fuel dumped at same PWM), although im not seeing that based on fuel trims. Should I just leave it and tune around that? Should I put 50 in the table and adjust everything else from there? In the link posted above, Ed Mowton stated "I can tell you that the exact calculated IFR should be 52.47 lb/hr at a fuel prressure of 58 psi"... Should I use that value?

Again, I can not get a concrete answer on the value I need for my particular aplication. I want to start adjusting the tune but I feel this needs to be correct first before I do anything else. Hope this isnt too noob of a question and someone can help. Thanks!

I am then also concerned with the limits and offsets tables. Not sure if those would need to be adjusted also.
    Last edited by kewljay223; 01-09-2020 at 09:40 PM.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    The constant flow rate only applies when the regulator is vacuum referenced in a 1:1 ratio. There are return regulators that are fixed pressure without a vac reference.
    If you know the flow rate at 43 psi then all you need to do is convert that with a flow rate calculator to the new psi.
    Injector flow settings dont have massive effects on fuel mpg. That comes down to driving conditions and how the fuel is commanded. If trims are pretty much spot on, then that is about all you are going to get uh unless you start playing lean cruise games.