Thread: 5.3L 7875 turbo 3 bar SD Deka 80 Tune

Tuner in Training

5.3L 7875 turbo 3 bar SD Deka 80 Tune

I have a base tune I've been playing with to get me to a tuner and dyno. The engine is a stock 5.3L with pac springs, 7875 turbo, Deka 80lb injectors, 3 bar map, speed density tune. I put in the deka 80lb injector data found on ls1tech.

Engine starts fine but is running at a 10.5 A/F on my wideband and almost dies when I give it gas. Hoping someone could take a look at my tune or point me a another tune I can reference. My tune and a log file are attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I can't open the tune. Says it's part of a remote tuning network that I am not a part of. Log AFR error. The log shows the car isn't even warmed up. Do a log from cold start to operating temp. People may be able to help out a little more.

I'm not a pro tuner, so everything I said may be useless but I'll can try to help the best I can.

Tuner in Training
    Ok, made some adjustments based on another thread. I dont have my AFR in hptuners but it started at 13.5 and dropped to 10 in less then a minute. Held 10 the rest of the idle.

Fuel pressure is regulated at 58 psi, forgot to mention that above.

Still says the tune is under a remote tuning network.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    sorry about that, I think I turned it off now.

The VE has too much fuel in it. Chop the whole thing by like 15-20% and see what it does on the wideband.

Also with the much larger fuel injectors you should probably cut the minimum fuel milligrams in the transient fuel tab in half. Go from .041 to .020, it could take more but that normally helps with the rich idle problems.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    The VE has too much fuel in it. Chop the whole thing by like 15-20% and see what it does on the wideband.

Also with the much larger fuel injectors you should probably cut the minimum fuel milligrams in the transient fuel tab in half. Go from .041 to .020, it could take more but that normally helps with the rich idle problems.
    Thanks! I'll give that a shot tomorrow.

Tuner in Training
    That was alot better but I just changed the transient lower. When i tried to do both it died, it started at 10 AFR and worked up to around 17 then died. When i just changed transient it idles at 12.5 and off idle would go to 10. The only thing that seems off is if I press the gas pedal quickly it stumbles a little but if I gradually press it it will rev up fine. Its like its dumping too much fuel when i press the pedal. I might try to drive it next weekend when I have more time and see if I can get it to the tuner as is but let me know if you have any other thoughts.

Those were just things to try. For sure the VE had too much fuel in it.

I noticed another problem with your log. Later in the log the MAP kpa just nose dives to 10kpa, that is not normal at all. Something is wrong there. Be it the MAP itself, the wrong data for the MAP sensor or something like that.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Those were just things to try. For sure the VE had too much fuel in it.

I noticed another problem with your log. Later in the log the MAP kpa just nose dives to 10kpa, that is not normal at all. Something is wrong there. Be it the MAP itself, the wrong data for the MAP sensor or something like that.
    Thats probably the air leak I found. When I was running it up to temp I noticed a sucking noise. There is a leak either at the brake booster o-ring seal or its ruptured inside.