Thread: Injector Flow Data

Tuner in Training

Injector Flow Data

Hi all. If I am running an all stock LS3 on an E67, and copy the tune from the repository for the crate 6.2L 430hp motor, yet I am running the higher flow E85 truck injectors, will the appropriate change in the injector flow data area take care of this difference alone, or would you expect a lot of tables to be out of skew, and I should really just get the LS3 injectors to simplify things?

I have an L9H intake with injectors and throttle body I hope to use on the build.

Thanks.

The matching LS3 injectors would be easier but the LS3 injectors are not the same length as the truck injectors so that wouldn't exactly work with the truck intake/fuel rail without spacers.

You can copy the tune over and then just paste back in your truck injector information. Like flow rate, min injector pulse, offset vs volts, short pulse adder etc etc and it would be good there.

Regardless or whether you did the LS3 injectors or stuck with the truck injectors it has to be tuned to run with the truck intake and throttle body. So doing either would get you going and things would have to be fully dialed in from there. I still think starting with a truck based 6.2 would be better because it's the truck intake/throttle on a 6.2 engine and not a LS3 intake/injectors/throttle etc etc.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Understood. Thanks for your reply. I'll go ahead and start with the L9H (flex fuel L92) cal then, and copy most of those fueling and timing tables over. Would be even easier if there was a non-VVT version, but if so, it probably did not use the higher flowing E85 injectors.

Will be some tune work to make it run decent regardless. Thanks for your help.