Thread: Knock learn factor? Does it ever change?

Knock learn factor? Does it ever change?

I have a 2018 l83 silverado. In my logs I see random knock retard when cruising, low throttle input, up to 7*. But my knock learn factor never moves off 0.00. I thought the point of the learn factor was that when knock was detected it would start transitioning to the low spark timing table. Mine never moves off high spark tables.

I'm on E40 right now, so I really doubt its real octane limited knock, but still want to know why my learn factor never moves. I got tons of logs and its always 0.0

knock learn.png
    Last edited by str8dum1; 10-21-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Are you monitoring knock per cylinder? I have been using that as a reference if it's likely real knock or some form of torque management intervening.

Yes, you see varying knock among the cylinders. Thats why I am wondering why learn factor never moves off 0

I looked at a few logs of mine on my zl1 and the learn factor stays at 0.0...though I couldn't find one that knock was present or under control within 5-7 seconds. I would imagine if I had bad fuel or low octane I would see sustained knock, then perhaps the learned value approaching low octane. But that's just my two cents.

Tuner
    you have to use pid Knock Learn Cyl 1 Factor.