Thread: WOT kickdown

Tuner

WOT kickdown

At a rolling 1st gear start I smash the gas and it runs up great, hits 2nd gear, then 4 seconds after it drops back into first. What table should I be looking at to find what to adjust? 0411 pcm 4L80e trans. 7.4L 454. I pulled a stock tune and put copied trans data to the spreadsheets for a start. Still did it. Just curious if there's a table I'm missing. I also copied the 4wd low table over but cannot get it to shift out of 1st gear. This truck has been possessed since I bought it in 2006. I baby it and it gives me so many problems. I beat the crap out of my other truck ( chevy s10 blazer) and it's towed that suburban home twice..... HAHAHA

Thanks guys.

trans change PE change Idle change1.hpt

Tuner
    a log file would help. your part throttle 100 tps column shift speeds and WOT shift speeds should match. the bluecat trans software helps calculate all these correctly

Your WOT downshift speeds are higher than the WOT upshift speeds. Downshift speeds must be lower than the upshift speeds.

Russ Kemp

Tuner
    k2500 0411 pcm tune from guy5 (1).hptk2500 0411 pcm tune from guy5 (1).hpt

Ok, check out this one. I went back to stock and set gear shifts lower because it didn't get into overdrive until 65 mph. Its a 4 speed big block, no thanks... I appreciate it!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 99k2500 View Post
    k2500 0411 pcm tune from guy5 (1).hptk2500 0411 pcm tune from guy5 (1).hpt

Ok, check out this one. I went back to stock and set gear shifts lower because it didn't get into overdrive until 65 mph. Its a 4 speed big block, no thanks... I appreciate it!
    what he is referring to is the trans-shift scheduling-full throttle shift speed. it is set to shift to 2nd at 29mph but shift from 2nd to 1st at 39mph. it should be set at something lower than 29mph....maybe 25mph. the downshift has to be set lower than the upshift.
    Donny O.
    99 Hugger Orange SS convertible...mostly stock
    2000 Z28...not even close to stock. LQ4/turbo