Thread: 7.3 Powerstroke...... Who has tuned with HP Tuners?

Potential Tuner

7.3 Powerstroke...... Who has tuned with HP Tuners?

I am very interested in purchasing the MPVI2 for my truck but haven't seen many reviews of people who have successfully tuned their truck with HP's stuff. Is there anyone on here(hopefully tons) who have used this on their 7.3? And if so how was your experience with it? I do not want to be the guinea pig and have a bunch of issues as this will be the first truck I have ever tuned and want to do it right. I saw on the one other 7.3 forum posts that people were having issues.

Thanks everyone!

Ryan

Potential Tuner
    As I said before this will by my first tuning experience. My main concern is having issues with even being able to use the tuner as I saw some connection issues. Jeffrey Kavney, have you successfully used the MPVI2 on a 7.3 liter? Being an older truck I just dont want some weird "checksum error and definition failed to load" like I saw on the other thread.

Thanks everyone

Potential Tuner
    I plan to tune more vehicles in the future if all goes well on this one. I want a chip but really think I can do better than a cheapo chip and learn a lot while doing it. "If its not already flashed it will read" you mean that as long as the ecm is 100 percent untouched that it will work correct? Im pretty green if you cant tell. What parameters would I be able to modify on the 7.3? Pulse width, throttle position, injection timing?

Again has anyone actually successfully used this product on their 7.3?

Thanks,

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Rgroves231 View Post
    As I said before this will by my first tuning experience. My main concern is having issues with even being able to use the tuner as I saw some connection issues. Jeffrey Kavney, have you successfully used the MPVI2 on a 7.3 liter? Being an older truck I just dont want some weird "checksum error and definition failed to load" like I saw on the other thread.

Thanks everyone
    If you get that error, send the file to support and we will get it fixed for you.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

im having trouble trying just read. 2003 7.3 f-250 it does not read the vin and tries to give me one.
    I think the truck has a tune i just want it back to stock any help please.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AMERICAN AUTO SMOG View Post
    im having trouble trying just read. 2003 7.3 f-250 it does not read the vin and tries to give me one.
    I think the truck has a tune i just want it back to stock any help please.
    try BETA 4.11 version.

I was facing checksum error and troubles while trying to read my 2004 6.0 until upgrade to BETA 4.11 version.