Thread: 2000 Firehawk Trans Am - New"b" needs help - "Fairly" radical 408 Solid Roller

2000 Firehawk Trans Am - New"b" needs help - "Fairly" radical 408 Solid Roller

Ok, so for my 2000 Trans AM Firehawk #005 I built a 408 solid roller between 2007 and 2009 - list of mods: LQ4, Callies Crank & Comp star rods.. Bullet 265/272 @ .50 solid roller cam, New in 2017 - Tx Speed & Perf 247 Cyl heads - 360 CFM @ 750 In lift, Crane Roller Rockers, LSX 90 Intake, NW TB, Direct Port NOS - 250 shot, Kooks 1 7/8 headers into gutted cats, dump before rear axle (or) legal over axle by V-bands, UMI (RED) Chrome moly K-Mem, Upper & Lower a-arms, control arms, panhard bar, torque arm, transmission brace & torque arm re-location, Wolf's Anti roll rear stabilizer, 6 point roll cage, Moser 12 bolt 4.10 spool, M6 w/ T-56 rebuilt. HP Tuners MPVi 1 Pro....

I have made some big mistakes and now want to prevent any more.

Summary: Car ran great with previous heads and speed density tune... had 0 or no front (narrow band) 02 sensors and has two widebands wired in to AEM pillar meter. Using Innnovate LM1 Wideband set up.. Since adding new cylinder heads and difficulty in seeing accurate numbers, i added the NB's to see if that would change anything and attempted to run in a MAF Tuning ---- did not work at all,, Large cam and MAF tuning - no dice..

I have somehow reverse engineered my pillar meters for fuel pressure and NOS readings and my MSD RPM and shift lights.. AEM AFR still reads...

My goal "Street tune" to get my car on the road- no nos, Just want to drive my car hearing it rumble down the road...

Anyone willing to help a complete tuning new-b out...

Here is the latest tune file with an idle log.....
    Attached Files Attached Files

If the plan is to stay speed density and not going with boost, I highly suggest applying the 1 bar speed density OS upgrade. That will remove the secondary VE table and then it will allow you to run the timing tables like factory so you don't have to have both the high/low octane tables the same anymore.

What injectors are installed?

If you haven't, setup an AFR error against the commanded AFR, that will be the fastest way to to calibrate the VE table and get you going. Once the VE is pretty much dialed in, anything idle related and timing related will come much faster because it won't be fighting a lean or rich condition.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.