Thread: c6 ls2 twin turbo boost question - tune attached that has lived for 48k miles so far

c6 ls2 twin turbo boost question - tune attached that has lived for 48k miles so far

first off, guys enjoy the tune- it has lasted over 10 years like this and 48k miles up to 12psi on 93/meth only.

on a stock bottom end, what is the limit of the ls2 in a 6l80 corvette.

current setup::

STS twin t04 turbo setup running a single m15 alky nozzle, speed density tuned, 13 degrees timing at 5200 and 15 at 6500rpm. boost is 15psi on 10gal 93/5 gal 110.

I don't drive the car much so adding 110 is not an issue for me. I don't get knock and ive seen 18psi the other night on a brief pull. 50k miles on the motor. 48k of those boosted on 10-12psi. just started leaning on it a little because I got bored and took it to an airport race. at the race I locked the converter on the log attached and man did it load the motor, but still no knock. I mean I though for sure it was going to bend a rod. car make right at 700rwhp on 13psi. any help is appreciated.....enjoy the tune
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2002 Camaro SS, Twin S480s
    2006 Corvette C6, Twin Turbo
    1991 GMC Syclone, LS/AWD/AC

Advanced Tuner
    I believe you'll over power the auto before you bend a rod.

if the back pressure isn't excessive then keep adding boost.

I would suggest you remove the aggressive spark numbers at lower RPM under boost where its flashing the converter.

your VE table also show that the Meth nozzle is making a serious contribution to fueling. with that amount of meth I doubt you'll see knock until well after the point adding more timing does nothing. and your IATs are incheck

if your kit has a good flowing turbine and exhaust there is no reason why you SBE LS2 shouldn't hang on to 900rwhp which, at a guess would be 18psi, and with that amount of alcohol it should take 15-16 degrees at that.
    Last edited by lukearmstrong1990; 11-06-2019 at 07:13 AM.

What injectors and pump setup are you running? I see you are running double stoich
    2008 Corvette
    UPP Twin turbo T4 67mm BB billet wheel kit
    427 LME Billet Setup
    Fore Innovations Triple 465 L4 Setup
    FIC 2150 injectors
    RPM TH400/9 inch
    Pro Torque Bolt Together Converter
    MaxxECU Stand Alone

im running some older injectors that were bigger than 63lbs. i thought it was setup like that because the ecu couldnt handle any bigger injectors. i could be wrong as the injectors have been in there since 2010

walbro 340 pump with a kb boosta pump. stock rails and lines

Quote Originally Posted by lukearmstrong1990 View Post
    I believe you'll over power the auto before you bend a rod.

if the back pressure isn't excessive then keep adding boost.

I would suggest you remove the aggressive spark numbers at lower RPM under boost where its flashing the converter.

your VE table also show that the Meth nozzle is making a serious contribution to fueling. with that amount of meth I doubt you'll see knock until well after the point adding more timing does nothing. and your IATs are incheck

if your kit has a good flowing turbine and exhaust there is no reason why you SBE LS2 shouldn't hang on to 900rwhp which, at a guess would be 18psi, and with that amount of alcohol it should take 15-16 degrees at that.
    it has a built 6l80 from circle d also