Thread: E67 ECM with CTSV FCSM

Tuner in Training

E67 ECM with CTSV FCSM

Not the installer, builder, not an expereinced HPTuner user....
    See attached: ReadECM_E76_T42_FSCM_CTSV.HL.Mar132021.jpg

LH9 5.3 that has been swapped with a LSX B15, then Fuel Pump --> Deatschwerks 300c to ensure enough fuel available.....

Trying to understand the need for this FSCM Hardware?

How to remove this FSCM hardware from the ECM, given not actually installed in vehicle.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by RonVC; 03-16-2021 at 11:10 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Know for sure the FSCM physically installed is NOT for a CTSV, the FSCM installed, mounted is the OEM original factory installed --> PN# 20791901

If use the "Double click to remove" and then "Write Entire" will that remove this segment from the ECM?

Or is this controller actually being read from the FSCM itself, which should not be the case, but noob so not sure.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RonVC View Post
    Or is this controller actually being read from the FSCM itself, which should not be the case, but noob so not sure.
    If unplug the FSCM then the controller does not show when Read vehicle, so this controller and segments are read from the FSCM, not the ECM.

Is there a way to re-program the FSCM to be oem correct? Or does that require a new FSCM from the factory/dealer?

Objective is to NOT have this FSCM show when read the vehicle, any ideas on how to accomplish that?

Change the little drop-down box for the module you don't want included from Read Entire to Do Not Read, and that module will not be included in the tune file created.

There is this neat GM website where you can paste in a VIN and see what calibrations are available for which modules: https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web/

It shows the FPCM OS and all the segments are up to date and correct for that 2011 Canyon VIN.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    It shows the FPCM OS and all the segments are up to date and correct for that 2011 Canyon VIN.
    Right on, that's "GM CVN Lookup web site" helpful to gain confidence FSCM has not been reprogrammed.

Not sure why when read reports Hardware as "FSCM A, FSCM, 2011-2012 CTS-V" GM must have shared programming across models.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RonVC View Post
    Not sure why when read reports Hardware as "FSCM A, FSCM, 2011-2012 CTS-V" GM must have shared programming across models.
    I have a 2011 factory V8 Canyon and when I did the initial Read Entire, it showed up as a CTS-V FSCM as well. I removed it before licensing the file for my truck.

Kane

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MainstreaM View Post
    I have a 2011 factory V8 Canyon and when I did the initial Read Entire, it showed up as a CTS-V FSCM as well. I removed it before licensing the file for my truck.

Kane
    Thx 4 confirming. Was the conclusion had come to, GM must be sharing Fuel Controller programming/tune/flash, specifically "Name field" across many controllers/vehicles.
    Guess is Fuel Controller programming/tune/flash was developed on the CTSV and GM or vendor did not update per vehicle/VIN....