Thread: 2015 mustang gt with 2018 intake mani

Potential Tuner

2015 mustang gt with 2018 intake mani

I have a 2015 mustang gt and I just picked u a 2018 intake mani. I have a tune for 47 lb injectors, do I need to make any changes?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by illiemack View Post
    I have a 2015 mustang gt and I just picked u a 2018 intake mani. I have a tune for 47 lb injectors, do I need to make any changes?
    Yes, Manifold size needs to be 12.5L And to better utilize the Manifold the entire VCT should be optimized Couldnt tell you for a s550 as i have a S197. with that all spark tables will need to optimized as well. So you got your work cut out for you!

Go look at the PP3 tune in the repository. That is a solid starting point for a bolt-on Coyote.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    you need to know are they locked open with their hardware?
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

The pp3 tune would be a good start like mentioned. No timing changes from pp2 to 3. Ford lets the manifold do the work. They copy the gt350 ipc tables too. Crazy how little is actually done. Cam timing is untouched too!

Would love to see others tune on these manis or one from big name shop. Bet they aren't changing much.

Advanced Tuner
    The 18 manifold installs ive done either on 11-14s and 15-17 cars I have made changes to the op cam angles and they seem to wake it up

Potential Tuner
    I locked the out with a lockout kit

Quote Originally Posted by Bill88stang View Post
    The 18 manifold installs ive done either on 11-14s and 15-17 cars I have made changes to the op cam angles and they seem to wake it up
    Are you open to sharing a screen shot of the op cam angles for the 15 to 17 5.0's that you've found effective?

I haven't gotten this far in my comfort area yet but planned to sweep each cam few degrees at a time.. log a pull and compare airflow to see if any gains.

Potential Tuner
    Im in the process of playing around with the degrees ill lyk what I come up with.