Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone have a base tune for a LQ4 with a 224/230 .550 cam/ 48lb injectors???

Tuner in Training

updated pcm file

this is the current
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    updated calibration posted

Set the MAF DTC's to MIL on first error with the SES box unchecked.

Remember what was said about the primary and secondary VE tables. These early computers/calibrations do not use the primary VE table in speed density on the stock OS. It only uses the secondary VE table. Your two tables differ in values, the secondary VE table is richer than the primary in some places.

Yes the secondary VE table has less resolution but when comparing like cells, it's still richer in various spots.

The way to remove this hassle is to apply the 2 bar OS upgrade in the OS tab. It will remove the secondary VE with less resolution and give you just a new larger primary VE. You can copy/paste the stock VE table back into the 0-105kpa section to make it run. As well as putting the stock MAP sensor data back into the tune.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    didnt work at all... legit did everything... still NO INJECTOR PULSE!!!! WTF? I am assuming the PCM is fucked at this point... I have replaced every sensor on this car with Denso.

P1626 is the only other DTC still active, not sure if that will do anything.

I'd only be guessing at stuff without another data log you trying to start it.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

P1626/1630 and pretty sure 1631 (testing my memory here) will legit cause the same effect as VATS fuel cut. If you've changed OS or some other reason to create the P1626, remedy that, or set those codes to No Error Reported.

You MUST change these settings in the DTC tab. Not optional. If these are set to No Error Reported, it cannot set the MAF code required to make it fail over into Speed Density mode. Don't waste your time trying to change anything else or even try to start it again until you fix this.

I think this was first suggested five days ago but somehow it still isn't fixed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner in Training
    I did all of the above.... still nothing. Are you guys trolling me?

No.

I'm still waiting on a data log to try and help any further. The stuff we have said is very straight forward and would let the engine run. Either you have a separate issue with the wiring/sensors or in the very rare chance is the computer the problem.

This is where you need to also have wiring diagrams so that you do some wiring tests yourself. Checking for power/ground, proper readings etc etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrenchcraft View Post
    In the tune you posted, the DTCs look like this:

You have changed them from stock, but set to 'No Error Reported'. They need to be 'MIL on First Error'.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner in Training

updated tune file

I have checked every ground in the car at least 3 times. Tested continuity I don't know how many times....I have all power to all sensors... I will post a log tomorrow when I get to my shop. I am getting spark, like I said before. I can command the fuel injectors on when I use my Snap On Solus Edge- it will energize them for a pressure drop check... I can command the fuel pump on as well. I've added bigger engine to chassis grounds.

Tuner in Training
    its almost as if the VATS is still on... I do have a 99 Silverado ECU laying around but it will require rewiring the entire harness. Trying to avoid that nightmare.

Set 1626 to no error reported as well.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you... I bet that was the issue I had been missing. Thank you very much. I owe you several beers if your ever in Southern OH.

Tuner in Training

well no dice... FML

Still nothing.... attaching my logs and current tune.

A few more things. You swapped back to the stock LS1 injectors but didn't change the rest of the injector data to match that.

I pulled a stock 1998 firebird file from the repository. Your offset vs volts vs vac is not the stock data, nor is the short pulse adder and a few other injector related tables. Grab a stock tune and go back in and change all that data back. You can use the compare feature to see where the data is different and match it back up for the stock data.

Also change the cranking VE back to stock. Your table is like 30-40% higher than factory in the beginning.

Add injector pulse width avg to your logs, same with knock retard, commanded AFR or EQ ratio. And anything else you think you should be watching.

Also if the exhaust is incomplete after the headers and you have the o2 sensors plugged in, just disconnect them until the exhaust is finished up.

Tuner in Training
    Exhaust is plumbed all the way back, nice and tidy. I switched back to the LS1 injectors and loaded a stock map have the same result. I am checking pulse with noid lights and nothing. I get initial hit to pump to get it to 55-60lbs and then it stops.

Tuner in Training
    I think its bricked at this point.

Tuner in Training
    its also not providing any injector data at all...

Tuner in Training
    I found the issue... wow, something like this needs to be put in the MPVI sales box... A post in FAQ isn't enough. Now I am out credits and an ECU. Fucking joke.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...tant-read-this