Thread: Controller unlocker: Timed out - 2016 LT1 swap

Controller unlocker: Timed out - 2016 LT1 swap

Hello and thanks for any help in advance. I read through what i could find in the search for controller unlocker problems but didn't find any conclusions to the problem.

Vehicle: 1967 Chevy C10 manual trans
    Doner car: 2016 Camaro SS LT1 Auto trans

Installed engine, factory harness, accelerator pedal & ECM. Powered up and had no problem reading the ECM with the HP tuners. Went in and made adjustments, turned off diag/check eng light stuff and disabled VATS. Took maybe 20 min. Went to write cali and i keep getting (controller unlocker: timed out). Is there a time frame to wait after you purchase the credits and unlock the ecm? Tried re-syncing with no success. I ran into this once before but can't remember how i fixed it.

I was looking at the schematics and wondered if the GMLAN wake up and enable wire to the ecm needed 12v applied to it or not?

Now i get detect protocol failed?
    Last edited by Covert1; 10-26-2019 at 04:28 PM. Reason: more information

When you disable vats' I believe you need to write entire not calibration. Not sure if that is your issue but it caught my eye.

What's up littleBlue, HP support was on the ball and got back to my request quick. Ended up uninstalling the version i had and downloading the beta version then snagged a manual tranny stock tune out of the repository, disabled vats and turned off everything for the trans and it wrote it with no problem but i still can't get it to even hiccup. I did forget 2 wires to the multi function sensor that i'll hook up tomorrow. That was the only thing i didn't see reading in the scanner when i had it going. I'll upload the tune and stuff tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.

Hey, hate to be a broken record but if you haven't had any luck you should consider doing a write entire. Sometimes a write calibration does not successfully disable vats. If you aren't getting anything when you turn the key's I would suspect a vats issue. I could be wrong but I had to comment one more time. I believe I had this issue after I bricked my stock ecu.

I did the write entire right off the get go. Had it running 2 days ago. New problem is the ecm isn't controlling the throttle body. Signal is good from both sensors in the pedal to the ecm and wiring is ok between the ecm and the throttle body so it looks like i have a bad ecm. I still need to do a waveform check on the 2 TAC wires to verify the signal isn't being generated by the ecm to control it, i'm waiting for my verus to recharge to test it.