Thread: Modify Range of Spark Table for High Boost application

Potential Tuner

Modify Range of Spark Table for High Boost application

I have a 2014 CTS-V with a Dart Block 7.0L, Mast Black Label 6 bolt heads and a Kenne Bell 4.2L Blower. Right now I am running a 4" upper pulley and making about 17 lbs of boost. I am swapping pulley to a 3.5" and expect to see around 21 lbs of boost. The question I have is in regard to the the spark table cylinder airmass maximum range. The stock table maxes out at 1.36 (g). I am already running about 1.6g and I am anticipating 1.8-1.9. So my question is, should I modify the header on the spark table and change the increment from .04g to maybe .06g to increase the max closer to where I expect to be running?
    Last edited by nash8503; 10-26-2019 at 05:34 AM.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    not sure if the axis is editable on the E67 pcm

but you can scale the tune to lower the cyl airmass
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Yes you can edit the axis of the cyl. airmass on the E67

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by nash8503 View Post
    I have a 2014 CTS-V with a Dart Block 7.0L, Mast Black Label 6 bolt heads and a Kenne Bell 4.2L Blower. Right now I am running a 4" upper pulley and making about 17 lbs of boost. I am swapping pulley to a 3.5" and expect to see around 21 lbs of boost. The question I have is in regard to the the spark table cylinder airmass maximum range. The stock table maxes out at 1.36 (g). I am already running about 1.6g and I am anticipating 1.8-1.9. So my question is, should I modify the header on the spark table and change the increment from .04g to maybe .06g to increase the max closer to where I expect to be running?
    Yeah, I would do that if I were you. That way you have more control over your spark above the stock 1.36g. Otherwise everything above 1.36 will just be what you put in that 1.36 row

Potential Tuner
    Awesome! Thanks for the feedback!

Advanced Tuner
    I had to do the exact same thing you need to do on my ctsv. I keep the stock .04g increase all the way up to .88g. From there i went to a .08g increase. That allowed me to increase the graph to 1.84g. Its nice to have the option of adjust timing of those higher air mass cells
    Attached Images Attached Images

another option is afr advance
    whatafradvdoes.jpg