Thread: 2007 lbz

Tuner

2007 lbz

How do i tune out the injector rattle on this thing? It drives me nuts driving through town. I just redid the injectors and FIC on the CP3 I added 10% to pilot 1 and pilot 1 2on and it's helped a little but not enough. Only thing that it has is a 100 horse tune and a turbo back 4" exhaust and a EGR delete.

Tuner
    Less timing

Tuner
    Pilot or main?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick P View Post
    How do i tune out the injector rattle on this thing? It drives me nuts driving through town. I just redid the injectors and FIC on the CP3 I added 10% to pilot 1 and pilot 1 2on and it's helped a little but not enough. Only thing that it has is a 100 horse tune and a turbo back 4" exhaust and a EGR delete.
    Take away main timing, IF you Post your tune we can help some.

Tuner

2007 lbz

here is my tune as of rite now. I guess i'm a little confused as to what is the main timing under since pilot one is out around 1400 rpm. The rattle is going up thru the gears if i'm just cruising it's there just not as noticeable
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Rick P; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:45 AM.

Tuner
    It is mostly noticed at idol it should be under main injection map 1 mode 0 if it?s same as ford

Tuner
    Timing.PNG The blue outlined area is probably your issue. That is pretty high at the lower rpm IMO, I'd have the highest value in those areas be roughly 4* maybe even lower and see how that sounds. The red area is where you will typically cruse and looks decent if those areas around it are lowered. Change both tables, ECM 13753 pilot1 on and ECM 13756 pilot 2. I also noticed those two tables are exactly the same, did you do that or is that how they were?
    Last edited by JaegerWrenching; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:29 PM.

Tuner
    I made them both the same in hopes it would help,and thank you i'll try what you outlined and see how it goes.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick P View Post
    I made them both the same in hopes it would help,and thank you i'll try what you outlined and see how it goes.
    Post your stock read that was giving you issues before you modified it and i'll make some changes to it of my own and send it back to you.

Tuner

Tuner
    I finally found the source of the rattle it turned out i had a fuel LH rail leaking, I couldn't figure out where it was leaking so i just put a new one in and it's 97% quieter, I also put new injectors on the left bank, will do the other 4 next week, I can finally drive it without window down and stereo cranked LOL.