Thread: 04 gto manual pcm programmed for 4l60e how?

Potential Tuner

04 gto manual pcm programmed for 4l60e how?

Hey guys I did some searching but all I find is auto to manual. I have a 70 el camino with a 04 gto ls1 built with a pro tuned ecm. However it originally had a t56 behind it. I need to program this pcm to control the 4l60e without compromising the tune on the pcm. The pcm is not locked just need info as I only want to try this once. Let me know!

Honestly the best idea is to have a GM/dealership style flash tool flash the computer with a stock 5.7/4L60e file so that it is starting live as an auto tune.

If that is not possible your only other option is to attempt the segment swap with a 4L60e from the same year running the same operating system as your computer.

If you did the first option, it would be a really good idea to read the tuned computer and save the file. This way if you got a new computer or had that one flashed to a stock automatic file, you could just do a copy/paste with the engine tune once you licensed the new file. Does that make sense?

Maybe someone else has a better idea.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    I did something similar with my GTO; I went from a M6 to a 4L80E.

The easiest (and cheapest) way for you is to find a stock auto GTO and segment swap the engine, engine diagnostics, transmission, and transmission diagnostic segments. Afterwards make sure all of the CELs are matched for the transmission type then do a compare with the two files and make sure the remainder of the transmission related items are reflective of an auto transmission.

If you don't segment swap the engine and engine diagnostics segments, your commanded idle before starting the engine will act strange, and the idle will not change as commanded with an increase of ECT. Also, the PRNDL will act buggy.