Thread: Running out of fuel? Car running lean at start of pass but rich on big end

Tuner in Training

Running out of fuel? Car running lean at start of pass but rich on big end

Looking for some help trying to understand why my car starts off lean in 1st gear then through second and into third it gets progressively more rich at the big end of the track. the car has ported 243 heads 232/236 cam 10.7 compression with 42 pound injectors in the stock rails on an LS6 intake. I've upgraded the pump to a racetronics 255 pump with hotwire kit. cars only running 11.9 and I'm guessing make around 420 hp to the wheels. What will the factory fuel rails/fuel lines support? I cant figure out why the tune would be off when its doing the opposite in different gears. I also have a wet nitrous kit installed that pulls fuel off the rail, it it does the same thing at the track as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Kinda looks like the LTFT come alive once you are in 2rd gear and the fueling gets richer because of that. It's like a switch, the LTFT come on and the injector pulse width has straight shot from 13ms to 14ms.

Seems to be tell me that if you disabled the LTFT that your aiflow model is just lean still.

The overly inflated VE numbers is probably from bad injector data or compensating for a fuel pressure issues. The stock rails have been known to support 600+ hp with ease.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I didnt even notice the LTFT coming into play right when it started to correct. I thought under WOT neither STFT or LTFT's were taken into consideration?

Tuner in Training
    Also, why would the LTFT just start being taken into consideration for a correction factor at that part in the run? Shouldn't it have been applying that same value throughout first gear as well?

Thanks for the help!