Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 Mustang GT Twin Turbo knock on dyno 6psi?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by imrex613 View Post
    https://ibb.co/rxJBhT8

This is my MAF location, ignore the vacuum line. From that it goes to a 90* silicone elbow off the TB (the side with the vacuum ports)
    I assume the airflow goes through the straight, though the MAF, then past the BOV to the TB. That should be enough straight section for a decent reading. Just a heads up, but you will have to change the location of your BOV to before the MAF. It will screw the computer up releasing air that has already been metered. It will cause a rich condition and other issues. Your using twins, it should be after or on the intercooler but before the MAF.

Tuner in Training
    I'm curious how everything goes. I have am coming to the end of the same project but it ina fox. 16 gen 2 F150 engine with twin 6266's.

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by Speedtospare View Post
    I assume the airflow goes through the straight, though the MAF, then past the BOV to the TB. That should be enough straight section for a decent reading. Just a heads up, but you will have to change the location of your BOV to before the MAF. It will screw the computer up releasing air that has already been metered. It will cause a rich condition and other issues. Your using twins, it should be after or on the intercooler but before the MAF.
    The air goes the opposite way of what you just said the BOV is before the MAF

So I took the time today to fully revamp my MAF Period table by moving the points. It was a combination of eye balling things and spreading the points out to what I THOUGHT they should be. Before I got too far I figured I'd post up what I have to see if I am at least heading in the right direction. I will include my 2 most recent data logs as well which still are off clearly but I had to stop driving due to rain and heavy winds. Tomorrow I will log some more and keep on modifying the table but just wanted some input, thanks!

MAFCurve.png

Logs
    nightcruise.hpl
    ChangesDrive.hpl

Senior Tuner
    Hmm horrible MAF signal, even with your pipe.
    Try importing and using this user math I have attached, which is an average of MAF period over a second. Using it in your histograms and charts should make things work out much faster. It artificially smooths the signal out so you can adjust things easier. Ideally you would want to clean your actual MAF signal. I would suggest a straightener screen, they are unfortunately unavoidable. I have the axis values offset slightly so its easier to see what it does. If the max-min where the same it goes straight through the middle of that jumpiness.

MAF PERIOD AVG.PNG

AVG MAF PERIOD.MathParameter.xml

The other tip for this bad of a MAF signal I have is make sure your tipin, both spark and fuel are like 5 times or more the stock trigger values.

https://gph.is/g/E0l6bqX
    Last edited by murfie; 11-01-2019 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    Hmm horrible MAF signal, even with your pipe.
    Try importing and using this user math I have attached, which is an average of MAF period over a second. Using it in your histograms and charts should make things work out much faster. It artificially smooths the signal out so you can adjust things easier. Ideally you would want to clean your actual MAF signal. I would suggest a straightener screen, they are unfortunately unavoidable. I have the axis values offset slightly so its easier to see what it does. If the max-min where the same it goes straight through the middle of that jumpiness.

MAF PERIOD AVG.PNG

AVG MAF PERIOD.MathParameter.xml

The other tip for this bad of a MAF signal I have is make sure your tipin, both spark and fuel are like 5 times or more the stock trigger values.
    Should I set my period points back to what they were before I do this?

Senior Tuner
    No. That's just what I had in my scanner. Put your new ones in there.

Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    No. That's just what I had in my scanner. Put your new ones in there.
    ok thank you I will try this tomorrow and post my results. are you able to free up PM space so I can message you?
    Last edited by imrex613; 11-01-2019 at 12:12 AM.

This is my MAF location, ignore the vacuum line. From that it goes to a 90* silicone elbow off the TB (the side with the vacuum ports)

If flow goes from the BOV to the MAf, that placement is really bad. Even if it flows the opposite way, having the MAF that close to the bend is not good.

So i ended up redoing my entire curve and basically starting over by using the advice on this thread still. Here is a log of about a 20 min drive and a picture of the current curve. Any advice is greatly appreciated thank you all.

newcurve.png

NewCurveDrive.hpl

Senior Tuner
    What you want to try to achieve on these drives is hold your RPM as constant as possible. Use high gears 5th or 6th, long steep hills to help load the engine, increase by 500 RPM increments after about 20-30 seconds of maintaining constant RPM and throttle. When you need to get more airflow go to a higher speed to get higher RPM. You should be able to get to 3000 in 6th before you are probably going faster than you would like too be. You may go to a lower gear to raise the RPM and reach a higher value of these lower airflows, the higher air flows are easier tuned in the lower RPM WOT pulls.

Having both airflow and RPM change at once makes the airflow becomes far too dynamic. The less jumping around your MAF period does, the more time the fuel trim error has too settle in a cell. The better its accuracy in telling you what part of the transfer needs to be corrected.
    You can actually do it some what, and achieve ok results by holding the RPMs constant in a free rev with the car not moving. Starting at 1000 and going up in 500 rpm increments with the car in park. It doesnt have to be exactly on 1000 or step up exactly 500rpm, but just a constant rpm and airflow.
    From the picture you can see when RPM OR throttle was constant the signal would clean up and fuel trims are in ~2.5%.

bad MAF signal.PNG

This is not ideal by any means - my personal rule is to have at least that much of straight pipe as diameter is - in your case 4 inches.

So i ended up redoing my entire curve and basically starting over by using the advice on this thread still. Here is a log of about a 20 min drive and a picture of the current curve. Any advice is greatly appreciated thank you all.

newcurve.png

NewCurveDrive.hpl
    Not bad actually - you are heading the right direction.

I was able to move the MAF and did a little data logging today. It is now almost directly next to the blue vacuum fitting pictured. That's as far as I can get it up as the silicone butts right up to it. Here are two logs from me just driving around running errands in the car, any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

NewMAF.hpl
    NewMAF2.hpl