Thread: No License for Vehicle

Potential Tuner

No License for Vehicle

Hey guys, just put a Magnuson supercharger on a 2011 Camaro. Before I installed, I pulled the stock file from the vehicle with my MPVi2 and again with the RTD unit that came with the kit. I loaded the file that was sent to me from Magnuson, and everything was good with loading it and the first startup. The idle surges a bit and the car wants to die at times, so I was going to go in and make some startup changes with our unit and whenever I try to write the tune, I get an error saying that there is no license for the vehicle, but it does not give me the option to license. Has anyone ever experienced this? I sent a ticket into HP support, just wondering if I'm missing something. Yes, I went in and re synced both interfaces when I was using them. Thanks!

If the car had a FPCM and you read that but didn't spend the extra credit to license it, that could be why.

Re-read the file without the FPCM, do your changes and redo the write to see what happens.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Yeah, I always make sure to not read the FPCM when I pull a file. Contacted HP yesterday and they actually got back to me before the end of the day. They told me to go in and remove the license.dat folder in the settings and try again. Did this and it worked. Good to know stuff like that.