Thread: HP Tuners Now Supports the 13-18 Escape and Kuga 2.0L

HP Tuners Now Supports the 13-18 Escape and Kuga 2.0L

13-18 Ford Escape and Kuga 2.0L

HP Tuners presents support for the 13-18 Escape and Kuga 2.0L.

An HP Tuners interface is required along with the latest version of
    VCM Suite Beta software. Licensing cost is 2 credits.

• Click here to purchase an MPVI2
    • Click here to download the latest version of our VCM Suite software

Ford
    • 13-18 Escape 2.0L
    • 13-18 Kuga 2.0L

For the full VCM Editor Change Log, please see the following link:
    http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm-editor/changelog.html

For the full VCM Scanner Change Log, please see the following link:
    https://www.hptuners.com/help/VCM-Sc...changelog.html

For more information, and to view the latest supported vehicles list, click here.

Advanced Tuner
    so i downloaded the beta version but which one do i pick prior to reading the file?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    tried the 1797 controller and it was reading then all of a sudden i got this message. the saved stock tune is attached however I cannot view or edit anything
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sgod1100; 11-09-2019 at 12:28 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I also got an error the first time I tried to read and open my 2017 Escape. I emailed the file to support and they added it.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_LT View Post
    I also got an error the first time I tried to read and open my 2017 Escape. I emailed the file to support and they added it.
    so once you emailed the tune file you were able to read the tune and make changes?

Tuner in Training
    Yes, successfully tuned! Pretty happy with the outcome

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, successfully tuned! Pretty happy with the outcome
    any pointers?? lol..ive been tuning my ctsv for over a year now (teaching myself), but i'm completely new to the ecoboost. Any basic stuff I can mess with?

Tuner in Training
    I read the ecoboost tuning guide to get the general idea. (SHO tuning guide...many similarites, helped me anyway) I didn't get really crazy, but it made a nice difference. I reduce the torque trucation by gear, and torque reduction on shifts. Dropped the slip times a bit and requested just a bit more torque. Running on 91, it hits about 22psi boost peak and holds 20+ to about 5k and tapers off to maybe 18 at shift point. I also lowered WOT shift rpms too. I felt it was pointless to shift at 6200 when power was falling so fast. 58-5900 is where we are at the moment.

Advanced Tuner
    I read the ecoboost tuning guide to get the general idea. (SHO tuning guide...many similarites, helped me anyway) I didn't get really crazy, but it made a nice difference. I reduce the torque trucation by gear, and torque reduction on shifts. Dropped the slip times a bit and requested just a bit more torque. Running on 91, it hits about 22psi boost peak and holds 20+ to about 5k and tapers off to maybe 18 at shift point. I also lowered WOT shift rpms too. I felt it was pointless to shift at 6200 when power was falling so fast. 58-5900 is where we are at the moment.
    thanks. I've noticed that as well in regards to when the trans shifts....seems like it needs to get lowered a bit like you did. Do you have a wideband hooked up to monitor af ratio or were you just using the NB sensor voltage to get you in the ballpark?

Quote Originally Posted by sgod1100 View Post
    thanks. I've noticed that as well in regards to when the trans shifts....seems like it needs to get lowered a bit like you did. Do you have a wideband hooked up to monitor af ratio or were you just using the NB sensor voltage to get you in the ballpark?
    All Ecoboost has factory widebands.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    All Ecoboost has factory widebands.
    REALLY??? damn...and here I had to buy one for my 70k cts-v...lol...go figure

Advanced Tuner
    Eric, an insight as to why i can't pull the tune off of mine? See above. I already sent it to support to have them take a look at it, but figured I'd ask....

Advanced Tuner
    Did you use the 1797 controller when trying to read the file?

Advanced Tuner
    bump on this....I haven't heard anything from support since I emailed the required files (debug and one that I can't remember the name)...any updates?

Tuner in Training
    Yes 1797 controller, but I think with the newest beta it might autodetect the controller now?

Tuner in Training
    I started tuning mine yesterday and had to use the newest beta to read the file but it did work.