Thread: 4L80E no second gear problems

4L80E no second gear problems

Anyone want to have a look and see If i am missing anything before I tear into the trans. Wont hold in 2nd gear. no codes . Gen 3, LS2 with 4l80e. PSI conversion harness and PCM
    mild stall convertor. Still needs some engine tuning but trying to get the trans working first. Speed sensors and solenoids have been replaced. Still same problem. Thanks for any input

Tuner in Training
    i'm not sure what you mean by 'wont hold in 2nd gear'. it looks to be shifting at the correct time that is set up in the shift table. what RPM converter? also seems the TCC is locking right after it shifts to 3rd so that could make 2nd feel way loose compared to 3rd. I would up the 3rd and 4th lockup speeds.
    Donny O.
    99 Hugger Orange SS convertible...mostly stock
    2000 Z28...not even close to stock. LQ4/turbo

what I mean is it will hold under very light load but slips under part to full throttle. Ya I will raise the lock up speeds Thanks for looking

Tuner in Training
    it did look like it revved a bit after shifting but you also gave it more throttle....thats why I asked what rpm converter....couldn't tell if it was converter or trans slip.
    Donny O.
    99 Hugger Orange SS convertible...mostly stock
    2000 Z28...not even close to stock. LQ4/turbo