Thread: 4.3 6l80e tow haul

Tuner

4.3 6l80e tow haul

I work for a company that has a fleet of Chevy pickups with the 4.3 6l80e, I would like to change the trans tuning so when you hop in and fire it up the trans will automatically go into tow haul mode. Found the right parameter to change, but in the description it says ?it is not recommended to change these values?. Will I kill the tcm or trans if I change these values?
    2004.5, built 48re, Fass lift pump, s364.5 with a s483 compounds, ARP studs, 103# valve springs, 110hp injectors, 669hp 1075ftlbs

You won't want to change those settings.

If you want it to shift like it does it tow/haul. You can try to copy the data in the tow/haul tables into the shift tables that are used in Drive.

Just know that not everything can be done with that. The tow haul button still has to be pushed in to activate grade braking or to hold gears like it does. I just don't see what's so hard about pushing the button, your hand is already on the shifter.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    I agree with ?what?s so hard about pushing the button? but our company has crane operators and millwrights and foremen who can?t figure out how to push that damn button. We have had 4 trucks in the last 2 months that shit transmissions out between 110k and 140k.