Thread: 2015 roush stage 3 HELP

Potential Tuner

2015 roush stage 3 HELP

I have a 2015 Roush Stage 3 mustang with long tube headers and off road pipe along with the roush active exhaust. Car came from Utah and was tuned once the headers and x pipe were put on the car. Transported the car to Ohio and I am now getting the wrench displaying at random times with the message drive mode selection not available. Usually this happens when you start to get into boost and throttle. Sometimes the check engine light will come on as well with a P061B code. Elevation in Utah is around 4,500 ft Here in Ohio I am around 500 ft. Could this be the problem? Car never had issues in Utah. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. I do not have anything to log data with. Just a scanner to check codes.

Where in Ohio?

Senior Tuner
    Probably just hitting a limit you never hit before when not near sea level. I'm close to Ohio depending where you're at.

Potential Tuner
    Springboro Ohio in between Dayton and Cincinnati

Senior Tuner
    Nope. Probably a couple hours away at least. I could do remote on it if you wanted though. Thinking maybe you were close to get together depending on area you were in

Potential Tuner
    Forgot to mention when it?s in track mode or sport plus it doesn?t throw the wrench or code as easy. Will the car adjust air fuel conditions automatically or will it stay in the range at the elevation it was tuned at in Utah ? Should I be concerned that I could damage the engine? It runs awesome. Dyno in Utah was 632 hp to the wheels 536 torque.

Senior Tuner
    Hard to say without seeing the tune or a log. It most likely isn't modified much from Roush tune and fine but it is really hard to tell. I've seen some surprising ones.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by burnrubr View Post
    Forgot to mention when it?s in track mode or sport plus it doesn?t throw the wrench or code as easy. Will the car adjust air fuel conditions automatically or will it stay in the range at the elevation it was tuned at in Utah ? Should I be concerned that I could damage the engine? It runs awesome. Dyno in Utah was 632 hp to the wheels 536 torque.
    It's closed loop fueling and adaptive ignition timing, so you should be ok. But like others have said, the Air density might be causing some issues with load or tq model
    Last edited by h2.4; 10-29-2019 at 10:42 PM.

Potential Tuner
    what do you guys suggest? A whole new dyno tune or buy an ngauge or hp mpvi2 so I can log the data and have someone look it over and tell me what to adjust? I do not plan on changing anything on the car as far as more speed parts.

Senior Tuner
    Most tuners would just send you their tune and not even mess with logging and adjusting from someone else's tune most likely. Really no point in doing dyno tune on a setup like that on Coyote. Those having widebands makes it so easy to dial in remotely so you can get someone that knows those cars not be limited to just going to local shop with dyno.

Potential Tuner
    how much does that cost on average?

Advanced Tuner
    Where are you located?

Potential Tuner
    Springboro Ohio in between Dayton and Cincinnati

Advanced Tuner
    Do you have your copy of the tune ?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill88stang View Post
    Do you have your copy of the tune ?
    No I do not nor do I have a scan tool