Thread: Wideband still shows lean after adding fuel twice

Tuner

Wideband still shows lean after adding fuel twice

So I have finally started my build! I went through and followed Chopperdocs youtube tutorial on tuning the ve. I went through and added 15% first and left the MAF and all turned on. That file as attached as first startup. Then I went and disabled all the things he suggested in the tutorial, Fail the MAF, disable STFT and LTFT(but I didnt see a LTFT on my tune so I just did STFT), disable DFCO, Disable COT, eq ratio to 1, hight octane to the low octane, set Pe to na build. then I ran it again and noticed at 800-1200 was really lean based off my Wideband. AEM is installed in my y pipe at the y and there is nothingf behind it. I have checked for exhaust leaks but dont see or hear any. When I saw it lean I added 15% more to the 800 and 1200 column. The log is attached for the one after that as well. My motor is a 02 lq4 that I put gen4 rods and flat top pistons in. it has a Texas speed truck state 2 cam and 799 heads. they have been milled .010 so the CR that I am assuming is 10.5 to 1. not sure if i should start troubleshooting the AFR gauge or if it was indeed really lean.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

When you say nothing behind the y pipe, does that mean it just dumps right out from there, like there is no exhaust piping after that point?

If so you need to have at least a few feet of pipe to stop the exhaust from sucking in oxygen and skewing the sensor readings.

The LTFT is under the oxygen sensor tab. You need to disable that and the set the closed loop enable ECT vs IAT temps to 284 for open loop tuning. And reset the trims prior to logging with the VCM scanner.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    When you say nothing behind the y pipe, does that mean it just dumps right out from there, like there is no exhaust piping after that point?

If so you need to have at least a few feet of pipe to stop the exhaust from sucking in oxygen and skewing the sensor readings.

The LTFT is under the oxygen sensor tab. You need to disable that and the set the closed loop enable ECT vs IAT temps to 284 for open loop tuning. And reset the trims prior to logging with the VCM scanner.
    I will add a few feet of pipe behind that y-pipe and see if that helps. As far as the ltft I see the stft but not ltft. I will try to get a screen grab tomorrow.

Click edit, view > advanced.

The basic view will not show it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    I figured it out. I had assumed my fuel pressure was 58psi. Even though I have a preset fpr at 60lbs when I put a guard on the rail it was only 40psi. So my 30lb injectors were really only 20ish.