Thread: ZF8 Transmission TCM Question

Question ZF8 Transmission TCM Question

I'm trying to modify my shift tables and HP Tuners is saying I need 4 credits in order to pay for a license to do this... Ugh, more money. Anyway, I'm about to do it but then it occurred to me; when I had my car's Stage 1 package installed, part of that package was an unlocked PCM for engine tuning. They did nothing to the transmission.

If I pay for these credits and then try to write my custom shift tables, will it work or do I also need to get an unlocked TCM? Is the TCM locked from Dodge or can I just write to it without having to do anything other than get the proper licenses from HPT?

Quote Originally Posted by breal5825 View Post
    I'm trying to modify my shift tables and HP Tuners is saying I need 4 credits in order to pay for a license to do this... Ugh, more money. Anyway, I'm about to do it but then it occurred to me; when I had my car's Stage 1 package installed, part of that package was an unlocked PCM for engine tuning. They did nothing to the transmission.

If I pay for these credits and then try to write my custom shift tables, will it work or do I also need to get an unlocked TCM? Is the TCM locked from Dodge or can I just write to it without having to do anything other than get the proper licenses from HPT?
    The ZF8 TCM is not locked. Unless you have a 2018+ that has a security gateway (which would need a bypass cable), you simply need to license it and you'll be good to go!
    If its not broke, just give it time.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven@HPTuners View Post
    The ZF8 TCM is not locked. Unless you have a 2018+ that has a security gateway (which would need a bypass cable), you simply need to license it and you'll be good to go!
    Cool. I have a 2016 so I'm good to go. Thanks!