Thread: Check My Thinking Please, Engine Swap Table Transplant Question(s)

Tuner in Training

Check My Thinking Please, Engine Swap Table Transplant Question(s)

2009 Colorado engine swap from 5.3L (LH8) to 6.2L (L9H but installed LS3 cam). Gen IV. E67 ECM. Retain L92 truck manifold, and use same 87mm throttle body and MAF on Colorado now. Source tune data from 2009 Cadillac Escalade 6.2L flex fuel.

For base start tune, instructed to swap over: cylinder displacement, injector data, and most air and spark tables. So, MAF curve, VVE, all injector data (E85 injectors on L9H), VVT/Flex/DoD not enabled.

OK, but if I am reusing the same MAF as on the truck now with the 5.3L, wouldn't I want to leave the MAF curve data same as it is now, as it pertains to a specific g/s vs Hz? Or is the MAF more tuned per engine displacement, and that calibration should follow the engine over, even though it may now be on a different sensor?

Besides above question, anything else I should consider to specifically switch over or not switch over due to re-using the same throttle body and MAF? There are numerous tables under some tabs, so just going to take best intuitive shot at what to change and what not to, with strong considerations as to what is replied to this post.

Thanks a bunch for your help. Reading up about 3-4 hours per evening.

Advanced Tuner
    I would start with the current tune in the vehicle adjust the displacement, then just go through the tuning process. Start with fueling (maf and VVE) then move to other tables if needed.