Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2.0 tfsi

Is there a way to log which variant the ECU is using?

Tuner
    I haven't found a way... I'd love to know if anyone else knows, or whether it can be added.

Do you have any idea what the whole "variant" thing actually is? I can't understand why so many parameters are apparently duplicated.

I don?t know about these but the eco boost you can turn off all variants but one and tune just the one variant. Maybe we can get that option.

They sent me a picture of what channels I should have. I sent them a picture of what is available to me. They are going to see what they can do for me. I don't have any of the manifold channels or turbo channels.
    Capture boost.PNG
    My Avatar is my Wife and Proud of it!!
    1970 Chevelle SS 8.1 Vortec T56 9" 3.00
    2006 3500HD 8.1 vortec Allison 6sp 4.10 4X4
    2013 Audi A5 Cab 2.0tfsi Quatro
    www.mcmnapa.com

Tuner
    Wow... I don't think I have any of those boost-related channels either. It would be great to have them!

I made some changes to the torque to load and optimum torque tables. Just smoothed them out a little bit. Am I on the right track. Still don't want to load this tune until I can log boost though. I paid for the credits I just hope I can use them soon. Take a look and let me know. Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    My Avatar is my Wife and Proud of it!!
    1970 Chevelle SS 8.1 Vortec T56 9" 3.00
    2006 3500HD 8.1 vortec Allison 6sp 4.10 4X4
    2013 Audi A5 Cab 2.0tfsi Quatro
    www.mcmnapa.com

Advanced Tuner
    why would these tables need smoothing, they are perfectly calibrated from the factory, or as "perfectly" as the guys with the biggest budget/ best equipment in the industry could get them.

what are you looking to accomplish with your tune?

More power and less turbo lag.
    From the previous posts I was led to believe that these were the two tables that would accomplish that. So now I should leave these alone? This system is so confusing.

Advanced Tuner
    The stock table already requests more, faster than the turbo can make under like 14psi.

What you’re going to want to mess with are the limits to these tables, requesting a cylinder filling higher than the current limit will result in more boost, you do this by modifying the pressure ratio limit and the max airflow/load tables, if I were a novice tuner I would not change the torque to load table until I messed around with it at its stock limits for a bit, what you WILL have to do is likley change the optimum engine torque table so that the last column requests 100% after 3K and then work some of that delicious smoothing skill you have there

Ok cool. I?ll put it back to stock and do that. Thanks. I just really want the scanner channels. I hope the can give them to me. I?ll take a wack at it again tonight and post the tune again.

Advanced Tuner
    Honestly I would just wait until you can log the car with the params you want because no one is going to be able to tell you if you got it right without logs and without goals to match those logs

Very good advice. That is what I?m going to do.

Advanced Tuner
    And also there’s a lot to learn from just logging the car stock under different conditions.

Then referencing the binary to find where the ECU is pulling its data from, doing this for a while before even touching a map will give you a much better understanding of how the ECU operates in respect to target timing, fueling, and the torque/load model.

Once you have all the params you need for the logger get a couple of decent logs and toss them up here, I’d be interested to see

I?ll do that. I?m just waiting for HP to get back to me.

I just got an e mail that the added the pid. I?ll scan the car in a bit and see.

Advanced Tuner
    Awesome! once you have the params confirmed go out and take some logs stock doing pulls and then we can go from there

No luck the pids aren?t there.

Advanced Tuner
    You got the newest beta installed and repolled for params?

Yes I did

Advanced Tuner
    And there where no extra params when you right clicked and searched on the left param column? Damn that’s shitty maybe give it a day or two