Thread: Trying to run a 2016 LTG with E39a controller on a dyno... throttle operation?

Tuner in Training

Trying to run a 2016 LTG with E39a controller on a dyno... throttle operation?

Hello,

I have an LTG from a 2016 Buick Regal with the E39a that I am trying to get running on an ENGINE dyno. This means the ECU is running stand alone without a body controller or transmission module.

My question is regarding the throttle operation; with the ignition on but engine not running, should I still be able to open and close the throttle body like an old E40 / P59 controller would? We do not have a physical pedal, we instead have to simulate the voltages from the dyno controller (PUMA). I chose the DTC voltage limits +/- 0.05 volts for the end points of the voltage slopes for the two curves (PPS1: 0.5 to 4.7V and PPS2: 0.37 to 2.55V)

If anybody has a 2016 LTG engine, would they please verify that the throttle is physically opening when the pedal is pressed with the ignition ON but engine off. It would really help me out.

Thank you.

2016 Buick Regal 2.0L LTG.hpt

Tuner
    i dont have one of those engines anymore, but yes i think it does move. not smoothly across the whole range, but i think it snaps between 2 different positions if i remember correctly. how confident are you on those voltages for pedal simulation, i thought there were 2 sensors, and i thought they go in opposite directions, one from low voltage to high, the second from high to low?