Thread: Wideband choice for 2014 L83

Tuner

Wideband choice for 2014 L83

I have a 2014 L83 with a stage 2 LSXCELERATION cam. Speed engineering headers. Totally rebuilt engine when I installed cam. New injectors, pump, pistons, rings. Valve job, springs. Everything. Just curious on what brand of Wideband sensor to get? And will the location in the Y pipe of the speed engineering headers be ok? Don?t want to get crazy with a huge cam, because it runs really great. Have about 8000 miles on it. But would like my idle a little more lopey/choppy. Thanks in advance!!

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    easiest would be AEM X series with OBD

which you can log

in terms of choppness this can be done in the tune

best to post and have an idle log
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post

which you can log

Attached Files Attached Files

which you can log

That's the one I have coming too.
    2019 C7 Stingray M7 - long tube headers, 6.30/6.22 226/238 cam, supporting stuff, DOD and VVT delete.
    Stock everything else

Tuner
    Out of curiosity, how can you make it chop more in the tune? My car chops pretty hard but...you can't really have too much chop! Do you just run a little less timing at idle? In my case, I have an aftermarket cam, so there's no DOD or VVT.

which you can log

Tuner
    After reviewing some threads and videos on Gen 3/4 vehicles, I see that it's basically an overshoot undershoot exaggeration at idle to get the spark advance to oscillate and create the chop sound. However, Gen 5 vehicles don't have those tables. Instead, idle tables seem to be torque-based. Do we just mess with the adaptive idle torque tables? I see that there are a few rows in there (idle, coastdown, etc), so I'd imagine we just exaggerate the 'idle' row quite a bit? Is there anything else that would need to be done? I saw on Gen 3/4 vehicles that some people had to mess with the idle airflow tables as well. Is there something like this required for Gen 5?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by M3T1 View Post
    After reviewing some threads and videos on Gen 3/4 vehicles, I see that it's basically an overshoot undershoot exaggeration at idle to get the spark advance to oscillate and create the chop sound. However, Gen 5 vehicles don't have those tables. Instead, idle tables seem to be torque-based. Do we just mess with the adaptive idle torque tables? I see that there are a few rows in there (idle, coastdown, etc), so I'd imagine we just exaggerate the 'idle' row quite a bit? Is there anything else that would need to be done? I saw on Gen 3/4 vehicles that some people had to mess with the idle airflow tables as well. Is there something like this required for Gen 5?
    You'll utilize the Immediate Speed Control table on the Gen 5 vehicles.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    You'll utilize the Immediate Speed Control table on the Gen 5 vehicles.
    Got it. Do you mess with the Predicted Speed Control table as well, or just the Immediate?