Thread: Need Speed limiter tutoring: 2019 Corvette Grand Sport 7-speed manual

Potential Tuner

Need Speed limiter tutoring: 2019 Corvette Grand Sport 7-speed manual

Hello-

I've looked at the stock tune from my 2019 Corvette Grand Sport (6.2L LT1 Gen V 7-speed manual) and I see many speed/rev limiter settings. The car hit 5000 rpm in 5th at 166 mph and stuck there. But I see no limiter in the download data that would correspond to that behavior. Is (are) there any source(s) of info on the various speed limiter settings, what they actually do, and how to set them to achieve maximum speed? At this time I do not intend to make any other modifications to the car. I just want it to be able to go as fast as it can go.

Thanks for any help I can get.

In 1972 I had a car that would only go 72 and now I am 72! Coincidence? I think not!

Tuner in Training
    post your tune file

Potential Tuner
    These are:
    a) the stock file controlling when the above behavior occurred;
    b) a modified file in which the speedo source was switched from "GMLAN" to "Calibration", no other mods; (In this case the car hit 134 and the message was "Speed limited to 134")
    c) a slightly more modified file, with speed limit numbers altered.

Note that only the speedo section has been modified.

The last file looks like it's going to work. The car will turn 6K in 1-4, but I have had no opportunity to exceed 156 mph. I'll update this post if I get another chance to make some test runs.
    Attached Files Attached Files