Thread: 5.7 Durango Comp Cam stage 2 surging

Tuner in Training

5.7 Durango Comp Cam stage 2 surging

Hey just recently got a comp cam stage 2 with kooks 1 7/8" headers, 392 intake and a new CAI, with no MDS. It's been dyno tuned by a local shop, and i brought it back once, but its having a surging issue mainly at idle, majority of it happens when you turn like the power steering load is causing it to surge even more. Anyone have this problem or know of what to do to fix it. I don't have a log as i'm just the customer, but my tuner said he was going to investigate some more and get back to me before i bring it back again. I know he messed with some air values, raised the rpms up a little and the timing slightly. From what he stated the throttle looks like its opening and closing when it starts to surge, but timing and everything else looks good. Any help would be greatly appreciated, its the wifes car and she isn't a happy momma presently.

Tuner in Training
    Also anyone maybe have a stock file for a 15 durango, or something similar?

Surging does happen when the car is looking for certain airflow values and it is not getting it, hencing the computer causing the throttle body to open and close which leads to surging. In a manual trans car, I was able to fix surging/throttle hang by adjusting the torque friction loss table. I have no experience with surging in an auto trans car. I am sure some research here on the forum will find it. It is not uncommon, so someone must have addressed it somewhere else. good luck.