Thread: Aem 30-0300 issues!!!

Advanced Tuner

Aem 30-0300 issues!!!

Greetings.

Bought and installed an AEM 30-0300 wideband. Running HPT version 4.4.4.

No matter what I do or set it to, be it AFR or Lambda, HPT is not reading the output correctly...

AFR= Constant 19.18, even though the gauge shows actual AFR
    Lambda= Constant 1.32, even though the gauge shows actual Lambda

Im so fricken mad. Im going to contact AEM tomorrow and see if they can help.

Can ANYONE help me with this?

Thanks in advance!
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Not reading the output... which output would that be? Serial via USB or analog? If analog what's it connected to? MPVI2 pro or an unused ECM sensor input?

Advanced Tuner
    If its the analog output, the problem usually is the Analog- wire not being grounded to the scanner.

To double check things, a single fresh AA battery usually has a voltage of about 1.6v. Connecting it between the analog input and ground ( with the gauge DISCONNECTED ) should cause the scanner to show about 11.0AFR or 0.75 Lambda.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Not reading the output... which output would that be? Serial via USB or analog? If analog what's it connected to? MPVI2 pro or an unused ECM sensor input?
    Analog. And it's been connected to the prolink via the red and blue wire. Forgot to mention I'm using an MPVI2. I was so upset last night that I failed to mention that...
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)

Sorry, but I have to ask since you didn't specify any of this. You did buy the pro feature set, not just the pro link cable? 'Cause they'll happily sell you just the hardware even if you don't have the upgrade required to make it work.

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry, but I have to ask since you didn't specify any of this. You did buy the pro feature set, not just the pro link cable? 'Cause they'll happily sell you just the hardware even if you don't have the upgrade required to make it work.
    Yeah... I have a MPVI2. Pro Set and Prolink. Ive scanned a 30-4110 and a Innovate MTX-L with no issues. Im wondering if the WB is defective. I have tried all combinations of input and offset with no success. The output NEVER changes. CONSTANT 19.18 shown in the scanner while the gauge shows true. ARRRRGGGHHHH! LOL!

Since it's just a normal analog 0-5v signal, have you checked it with a DVOM while not connected to the prolink?

Advanced Tuner
    Since it's just a normal analog 0-5v signal, have you checked it with a DVOM while not connected to the prolink?
    Not yet. I was in a situation where one wasnt available. I will check it at lunch, if I can find a DVOM here at work.

From the AEM instructions:

Important Note: If bench testing the analog output outside of a vehicle [or in this case, testing the analog output while disconnected from the prolink], a multimeter's positive lead may be connected to the WHITE wire however the BROWN wire must be connected to BOTH the multimeter's negative lead AND power ground going to the X-Series UEGO device.

Advanced Tuner

Important Note: If bench testing the analog output outside of a vehicle [or in this case, testing the analog output while disconnected from the prolink], a multimeter's positive lead may be connected to the WHITE wire however the BROWN wire must be connected to BOTH the multimeter's negative lead AND power ground going to the X-Series UEGO device.
    Gotcha. I was going to try that anyway. I will see if I can find a meter. Thanks!

Advanced Tuner

Welp. The GAUGE is bad. Called AEM. Contant 5.05V output. They are sending me an RMA. SMH... And its BRAND FRICKEN NEW!