Thread: dual fan issue

Tuner

dual fan issue

I am wondering if my issue is in the tune. I have wired my dual fans up like the photo attached. When I start the Fan1 it works perfectly. When I start fan#2 the relay just clicks. Checked all my wiring and it is correct (best I can tell at least ) so I wanted to see if I messed something up in the tune.

Thanks for the help
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by AndrewJReynolds85; 11-02-2019 at 02:53 PM. Reason: forgot attachments

Tuner
    Fan 1 is set to come on at 200 and off at 234,surprised it works. System/ A/C tab, set re circulation fitted to fan #2 it will stop the relay from clicking and it will work normal

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 89 Caprice 6.0L View Post
    Fan 1 is set to come on at 200 and off at 234,surprised it works. System/ A/C tab, set re circulation fitted to fan #2 it will stop the relay from clicking and it will work normal
    I was messing with the values trying to get it to come on early when I was running the truck. I need to reset those temps to stock f-body. I will try the recirc. Luckily I found in the very scanner where you manually turn on the fans. That made troubleshooting a lot easier. What do you recommend for the high and low temps for fan#1?

Tuner
    My fans are set at-Fan 1 on at 195 off at 190 Fan 2 on at 198 off at 191,give you something to start at.

Tuner
    That sounds like more what I would expect. The 01 fbody tune I pulled off the repository is set at 226 on and 219 off which I thought was awful high, fan 2 was 234 and 227.

Tuner
    I have a 2006 Silverado 5.3 and the fans are set at those temps stock.My car is a 1989 Caprice with a 6.0 and 4L80e trans and with a 4 core aluminum Summit radiator and shroud kit with 2 fans.The temps I posted is what I have my car set to.On the right side of the Fans tab is a setting to run fan 1 when the key is turned off,I have mine set at 195 for 60sec.

Tuner
    Factory thermostats are usually 195 or 198, that is why the fans are set so high.I have a 180 in the car. It depends on which thermostat you have as to how you set the fans to run.