Thread: E78 electric fan control, not working

Potential Tuner

E78 electric fan control, not working

I have an E78 that will not activate relay controlled fans. If I ground out the wires at the ecm the fans kick on so I know the hardware is all correct. When I command them on under special function, I get nothing. I have done a search and found some info here. my harness appears to be correct (pins 54 and 41). I know settings have to be changed (I already changed the fan type and number of fans) but does something have to be changed before the ecm will turn them on through the special functions menu?
    Last edited by Ace120; 11-02-2019 at 10:13 PM.

Potential Tuner

e78

I am in the middle of doing a L96 swap and i had to change from an e78 ecm to a e38 because i was told the e78 would does not have fan controls among other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace120 View Post
    I have an E78 that will not activate relay controlled fans. If I ground out the wires at the ecm the fans kick on so I know the hardware is all correct. When I command them on under special function, I get nothing. I have done a search and found some info here. my harness appears to be correct (pins 54 and 41). I know settings have to be changed (I already changed the fan type and number of fans) but does something have to be changed before the ecm will turn them on through the special functions menu?