Thread: Hellcat knock sensor voltage

Potential Tuner

Hellcat knock sensor voltage

Hey guys,

2018 Charger Hellcat. 2.85 Metco, ID1300, NGK plugs, Cat Delete, and LMI. Mods were the same on the old tune.

I'm not a tuner by any means, nor am I trying to tune my own car. I'm just an OCD logger for safety reasons. I like to make sure everything is happy, and that something isnt going on under the surface that I should address. I had issues with my prior tune from a reputable tuner that took me 5 months to fix. I ended up figuring it out myself by buying HP tuners and reading the tune (with some help). Fast forward I'm with a new tuner (also very reputable) and the car is finally running fantastic - finally.

I pay attention the usual suspects, a/f, fuel trims, injectors, fuel pump, and knock. The good news is I don't get any ST or LTKR, even on my old messed up tune. I do notice however on this new tune my knock sensor volts are quite a bit higher during wot than my previous tune. Previous tune the highest jump during a pull i would see is mid 600's. The pull I just did I noticed they were hovering in the 700-800 range, and even spiked once or twice over in the 11-1300 range.

I do know this tune has quite a bit more timing in it, which if I'm not mistaken more timing can make those sensors volts go up correct? My AFR is also a bit richer on this tune (which I like), it was slightly more lean than I was comfortable with previously.

Any help would be appreciated. Just like to know whats going on under there.

Thanks,
    Rocco
    Last edited by Rocco NY; 11-03-2019 at 05:07 PM.

Tuner in Training
    The Hellcat blower is very noisy and shows plenty of activity especially around 4-5k area (at least in my car) Both tunes should show knock sensor voltage regardless of tuning aspect.