Thread: got a player3 tune and its messed

Potential Tuner

got a player3 tune and its messed

so i bought a suv off a guy he said it was tuned by a guy who goes by player 3. its a 08 6.2 yukon denali.
    tune was for headers & ory, with cai. 02's were throwing check engine light. went and seen him for a retune and what a fking joke.
    from what ive found he copies stock files from other vehicles and uses that as his custom tunes
    he never locked down my ecm he should of & he thought he did when i asked him for my tune files.
    he said he doesnt want anyone changing his tune, what he should of said was i dont want people to know i copy stock tune files from other cars.
    high octane spark is a direct copy from a 08 ls3 corvette, his low octane im not even going there.
    we went for a drive and he said everything is good on the top end but ive got knock twice in the same full open run. on petro 94
    ive been working with the tune after talking to another tuner and its better, the guy looked at it and told me legit if i would of ran anything under 91 my engine would of blown. and even now i dont even get how he didnt catch how messed it is when he ran a post tune log.
    but i just wanna throw a warning out there about people who call them selves professional tuners

player3.hpt-base file.hpt
    denali pull1.hpl
    denali 1 log.hpl check out the last 30% of this log, petro 94 in the tank!
    Last edited by prairieboy84; 11-03-2019 at 06:34 PM.

Other than the big spike when you floor it, that isn't bad at all. Kinda childs play with other crap I've seen before.

If that's his tune his before you changed it, it's kinda bland because it is just other stock stuff brought over.

It would not have blown up with running 91 octane or less. It would just be slower because it would likely yank timing because of more knock. I wouldn't run anything but 91+ in the 6.2 trucks anyway.

Guy is more of a tooner than anything. Probably made good money off people that don't know any better lol.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Other than the big spike when you floor it, that isn't bad at all. Kinda childs play with other crap I've seen before.

If that's his tune his before you changed it, it's kinda bland because it is just other stock stuff brought over.

It would not have blown up with running 91 octane or less. It would just be slower because it would likely yank timing because of more knock. I wouldn't run anything but 91+ in the 6.2 trucks anyway.

Guy is more of a tooner than anything. Probably made good money off people that don't know any better lol.
    yes there are lots of tooners making big money from people that dont really know what they get, im not a pro tuner at all, but i try to do my best when i get my hands on a customer car,, nastiest things i have seen from the popular tooners around; same timing advance from .40 and up Cylair on spark timing advance, like all 25 adv from .40 and up, or stock maf/Ve with hacked PE, really high idle to try to keep cammed engines running, really some crazy shit, boosted on SD with 1 Bar maf, ultra hacked tune, but people still pays cause they are popular on FB or something like that, or who knows why

Advanced Tuner
    at least you gave him the opportunity to fix it. Sometimes people make mistakes, and sometimes a second opportunity with the car is needed. Quite often I've seen tuners bagged out by customers or other shops over one or two simple errors. Given a second shot with a complaints list the tuner should be able to fix it up and should do it for free. After shot 2 or 3 taking it elsewhere and critiquing the file is more than fair