Thread: Deatschwerks 60lb injector data - verify

Potential Tuner

Deatschwerks 60lb injector data - verify

I've been having some idle hunting/surging on my e40 supercharged ls2 vette. I'm using the 2 bar SD OS. I had this problem with injectors that were supplied with the supercharger kit (re-drilled ls2 injectors). I was recommended to buy injectors with good data so I bought some deatschwerks 60lb injectors. I input the data and have the car up and running but the surge/hunting is worse now than before. I just want to make sure the data is good so I'm not chasing a ghost. I'm attaching the data I got from deatshwerks along with my tune file. to see if anybody is willing to look for or confirm an error. the part number for the injectors is 17u-00-0060-8GM injector data 17u-60.xls05 Vette_A&A_2bar_DW60.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Chances are the rest of the calibration is going to need to be reworked now that you are using better injectors with a bit more accurate data. That is the unfortunate byproduct of a calibration being tweaked around poor performing and inaccurate injector data. Even though you put new and accurate ones in now, everything else now must be changed to account for it.

Do you have a log ? Since you are boosted, I guess you have a wideband? Try the Underspeed tables attached and see if that helps. I would raise the idle spark table about 3 degrees and lower the base running airflow and see what that does. What does the idle timing look like on your log? I'm sure the VE tables will need some work also.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakegoat View Post
    Do you have a log ? Since you are boosted, I guess you have a wideband? Try the Underspeed tables attached and see if that helps. I would raise the idle spark table about 3 degrees and lower the base running airflow and see what that does. What does the idle timing look like on your log? I'm sure the VE tables will need some work also.
    That seemed to help a bit, thanks for the advice. The car is very lean so I'm working on ve at the same time. To answer your question the timing is a bit erratic after start at idle and then settles down after the car warms up. Another symptom that i've identified is a cruise control effect around 1200 rpm unless I get on the brakes and come to a stop and then the rpm will drop to 850ish. The rpm is also increasing slightly when I disengage the clutch during shifting. So if you can point me towards some tables to adjust for that I'd appreciate it. I'll post a log this evening hopefully.

Tuner
    I'm running DW 65lb injectors Neveret, OL SD upgraded OS on an L77 single turbo.

I used the supplied data from DW but some of it wasn't a direct copy over into tune for my E38(forget exactly which tables now).

Be interesting to see if you experience the same as i once you get it dialed in more, I've had a hell of a time with injector tip temp with the DW affecting fueling, i'd have the VE within +/- 5% or less, next minute it would be leaning right out (i run a WB onboard), eventually from help here narrowed it down to tip temp affecting it and have been dialing it in slowly but still not 100%.

Potential Tuner
    I notice the data on dw 65lb , dont match up to hptuners also , I think the data for gen 3 not for gen4 , how did convert it