Thread: wideband logging issues

Potential Tuner

wideband logging issues

okay so i intend to use the analog output on a 30-4110 aem wideband with the vcm scanner but i don't have pro features. so i panned to wire the analog output to the b1s2 reference but found that its low reference and won't read higher than like 1.1 volts so i'm using the 0-.5v output setting on the gauge (preset 3). based on the table in the wideband instructions my math parameter's spot on and the gauge is working correctly or at least close when idling (when afr is near stoich) but as soon as i hit pe the gauge on the vcm scanner goes way out to lunch. the wideband gauge its self will read around 13.2 but vcm scanner is recording like 10.9. not sure if somethings affecting the voltage on that wire or if there's some type of adjustment needed on the gauge that im missing. there's a dial on the back of the gauge but as far as i know it's just for changing the presets for the output and there's no more adjustment. I'll link the instructions for the wideband and show my math for afr below

using mpvi2 no pro features

my maths
    (([21.10]*2)+1)*10

voltage outputs on page 11 using p3
    https://www.aemelectronics.com/files...GO%20Gauge.pdf

vehicle info
    2003 silverado 2500hd 4x4 6.0 (lq4) mild cam way more compression and all the bolt ons
    p59

Use the EGR circuit on the computer. That is the go to circuit to use for logging the wideband.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Use the EGR circuit on the computer. That is the go to circuit to use for logging the wideband.
    the truck didnt come with egr. i tried adding a pin to the pcm on what i thought to be egr signal but im not able to monitor it so not too sure if i used the wrong pin or if i need to enable something to be able to monitor it.

Not having the EGR is just fine, nothing after 2001 came with it anyway on a 4.8/5.3/6.0. You have to wire it into the egr pintle position sensor signal circuit on the blue connector. Should be PIN 55.

Then just enable the EGR within the calibration so you can log it after creating the custom channel for it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Not having the EGR is just fine, nothing after 2001 came with it anyway on a 4.8/5.3/6.0. You have to wire it into the egr pintle position sensor signal circuit on the blue connector. Should be PIN 55.

Then just enable the EGR within the calibration so you can log it after creating the custom channel for it.
    thanks so much for your help

i put the analog output of the wb to pin 55 and enabled egr. Before enabling egr the scanner read 0.00 volts regardless for "egr sensor voltage" [2811] but now even with it enabled it only ever reads 0.04 or 0.06 regardless of wideband output voltage.
    Im guessing this has something to do with sensor ground as i read that you also have to input a sensor ground to pin 41 however my gauge doesn't have a sensor ground output and i cant seem to find any wiring diagrams of the bosch 4.9 to attempt using the ground off of that. also i could be wrong but im guessing its not a great idea connect the main ground to the gauge to pin 41 as the gauge has a 12v power.

before going any further isolate the wideband analog output wire (0-5v) and use a multi meter to verify it is putting out 0 to 5 volts.
    Also make sure you are on the correct pin for the ECU. I think the "segment" has something to do with that as well (it might not be the original pin sometimes)

Potential Tuner
    wideband is deffinetly outputing correct voltage to pin 55 i cant find any other pins that it could potentially be on if i look it up as a 2001 istead of 2003 it says 55 and same for 2003 8.1 says connector c1 which im pretty sure is the blue one on p59's and honestly running low on ideas. i really don't want to use the ac circuit as this is my daily and i kind of like ac. ill see if i can post my tune below maybe its just not enabled properly idk

egr enabled tempory disable knock sensor 1 code.hpt

Just following along here as I have basically the same setup as you. In your first post you mentioned " i'm using the 0-.5v output setting on the gauge (preset 3). just wondering if you forgot to set it back to normal.
    55 Belair swapped 2000 LQ4, 4L80E, 873 cast iron heads have been swapped for 853's, truck manifolds, 2 1/2 inch exhaust, glass pack mufflers, no cats.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 55Belair View Post
    Just following along here as I have basically the same setup as you. In your first post you mentioned " i'm using the 0-.5v output setting on the gauge (preset 3). just wondering if you forgot to set it back to normal.
    lol yes back to preset 0 at this point im wondering if theres possibly a physical connection problem at the pin

Potential Tuner
    I am having the same problem. Wired in the AEM wideband to pin 55 and only seeing 0.04 V on the channel in the scanner. There are some disable enable settings for mph. I haven't tried it outside of sitting in the garage. Anyone have a solution?

Potential Tuner
    I have exactly the same issue, has anyone resolved this?

Potential Tuner
    Did you ever figure it out? Having the same issue.

Potential Tuner
    I am having the same issue also. 2006 Silverado with P59. Wideband wired to EGR pin and not reading voltage.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    wideband is deffinetly outputing correct voltage to pin 55 i cant find any other pins that it could potentially be on if i look it up as a 2001 istead of 2003 it says 55 and same for 2003 8.1 says connector c1 which im pretty sure is the blue one on p59's and honestly running low on ideas. i really don't want to use the ac circuit as this is my daily and i kind of like ac. ill see if i can post my tune below maybe its just not enabled properly idk

egr enabled tempory disable knock sensor 1 code.hpt
    Have you tried going to Engine - Exhaust - Gas Recirculation and zeroing both the boxes there.
    Speed Cost Money - How Fast Do You Want To Go?