Thread: truck keeps giving fuel after I lift the throttle

Advanced Tuner

truck keeps giving fuel after I lift the throttle

I am having an issue with when I floor the truck and let off it keeps on fueling. It is a gradual slope down after I lift until it gets down to 0 mm3. I tried messing with the main droop and alt. droop settings. I tried raising the values up to like 40 mm3 at 4000 rpm, with the thought that it would be able to take fuel away quicker after I lift but that just made the truck extremely slow. Full throttle barely gave it any fuel. So I put it back down to the setting I have in the tune below and it feels good, but it is a kind of unnerving feeling when you let of the throttle and it keeps on going for a second. Does anyone know what would be causing this or what the droop tables are used for. Thankschananged droop seetings back to 10.20.hpt

Banned
    Droop settings is part of PID control for regulating the governor it?s tied with.

Banned
    http://www.woodward.com/-/media/publ...6/55/01302.pdf

This is more geared towards generator speed control application but it?ll give you the bare basics on its theory.

Advanced Tuner
    ok, I kind of get it. So when I put higher values in the table it must just be starting to enable the governor way early? maybe. Do you know what I could mess with to have it return fuel back to just like the minimum fuel to idle after I floor it and let off the throttle? I was looking at my log and after I lifted it is a straight slope down from like the 2700 us to 0 but it took it around 3 seconds to do so. thanks

Banned
    I haven?t looked at your tune or anything but sometimes it can be from rail pressure hanging high.

Potential Tuner
    Try changing the deceleration limit in the governors tab. I had this on my manual 06 so I set the rate select rpm to 8000 to keep it from coming on and it seemed to work. I cant log it tho. I was going to pull this tune back over to EFILive to verify.

Advanced Tuner
    awesome that seems like what is probably going on. I just didn't see that table before. Im gonna try it out then I let you know if that fixes it. thanks

Advanced Tuner
    thanks arin, that did it!! It took the fuel out way quicker than before.

Potential Tuner
    Good! This specific issue was one of the reasons I bought HP Tuners.

Tuner in Training
    what all did you change in the decel limits to change that??
    looking to fix a similar issue in my 03 manual

No throttle fuelling table
    Work wonderfull on my 03
    03 cummins,175% flux injectors,dual cp3,s467.7/83 1.00
    Nv5600 with valair triple disc clutch

You got fixed???
    03 cummins,175% flux injectors,dual cp3,s467.7/83 1.00
    Nv5600 with valair triple disc clutch

Potential Tuner
    This worked for me when I was running just HPt but changing to EFILive CSP5 I think it got blown away during the conversion. Now I am just pulling all timing out and that works tooScreenshot 2020-11-03 220837.png

Advanced Tuner
    What I found worked good was using the part throttle governor table. I would put a low limit in there at lower tps and it would pull fuel out right away.