Thread: 2009 Sierra AFM DOD delete super rich

Potential Tuner

Question 2009 Sierra AFM DOD delete super rich

I recently had my 2009 sierra AFM DOD deleted. I have hp tuners and I disabled dod and the corresponding DTC's. Now that its getting colder where i'm at the truck is hard to start and the stft and ltft are negative. They are extremely negative when I let off the throttle. Here is a log file i took on my drive home. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Dzaratzian85; 11-04-2019 at 10:21 AM. Reason: add attachment

Senior Tuner
    Is yours a Flex Fuel vehicle?
    If so, add Ethanol % to your PID list on the scanner.
    If you're running regular pump gas, then ethanol % should be 10% or less.
    If it reads a high percentage of ethanol, then I'd just disable the flex fuel option.
    These models are notorious for the virtual flex calculation to register a bogus number...

Deleted with just a tune or did you install an aftermarket camshaft with new lifters etc etc etc?

Can't help much with that kinda information or at least a log/tune file to look at.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Hey sorry. I?m new to the forum. I tried to upload a log file and I?m having difficulty. I had all the dod stuff removed from the motor and tuned out of the ecm. I also disabled the flex fuel as well. It doesn?t make sense. I get a few misfires as well but nothing that sets a code. I checked the injectors and none seem to be leaking. I had to cut fuel big time in the VE table and it?s finally close to 0 on the LTFT and STFT. I do have a p0455. Would that make it run rich?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzaratzian85 View Post
    Hey sorry. I?m new to the forum. I tried to upload a log file and I?m having difficulty. I had all the dod stuff removed from the motor and tuned out of the ecm. I also disabled the flex fuel as well. It doesn?t make sense. I get a few misfires as well but nothing that sets a code. I checked the injectors and none seem to be leaking. I had to cut fuel big time in the VE table and it?s finally close to 0 on the LTFT and STFT. I do have a p0455. Would that make it run rich?

It shouldn't, the code is for a EVAP system large leak detected.

Potential Tuner
    That's what I thought. If any one would be willing to take a look at my log file and/or my tune I would greatly appreciate it. I could email it or send it in a private message.

Advanced Tuner
    add it here.

go advanced reply and attach file

Potential Tuner
    09 sierra 10-28.hpl2009 dod, 02 and dtcs 11-4-19. ve adjust flex fuel delete.hpt
    Thank you. Here is the log file and my current tune. Thank you for your time

Potential Tuner
    Anyone? Please