Thread: Tuning a Lingenfelter Reaper

Advanced Tuner

Tuning a Lingenfelter Reaper

I've got a Reaper truck in for some diagnostics and tuning. It's the supercharged 5.3 package and is, in my opinion, embarrassingly slow. I think it is mostly tune related as the tune has 0 changes to virtual torque and virtual ve. It's MAF only with a stock MAF curve and timing.

In order to "do it right," what's the recommended parts needed to report boost and the correct pressure ratio? I believe i just need a DSX baro breakout harness and a C6 ZR1 3 bar MAP... Is that correct? Anything else necessary?

Next question, is it worth it? Or should i just correct fueling as is, tune the VVE and virtual torque as it sits, and send it?

Thanks

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    if the car is a PD blower you don't need a breakout just swap the manifold map sensor. adjust the airflow models accordingly
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    if the car is a PD blower you don't need a breakout just swap the manifold map sensor. adjust the airflow models accordingly
    Yeah it's a magnacharger

5.3 with a blower is just plain slow. Cam profile sucks for boost. The 6.2 is much better with boost. Did they install a 2.3l blower or 1.9l? I thought that all Maggie's came with the zr1 map sensor, so double check that as you may already have it.

Advanced Tuner
    Ya its embarrassingly slow...i think it's the 1.9L. A stock 6.2/8speed truck would walk away from it.

Definitely MAF only tune with a stock MAP that pegs out at 114kpa or whatever the max is. Stock trans settings. Stock torque model. Stock VE. Stock MAF curve. They just added some to the driver demand tables and raised the peak torque after forcing MAF only mode.

I would be REALLY upset if i bought that truck brand new and found out that's all i got for my money, lol.