Thread: Validate Cable License Failed Error F0 - No Response from HPtuners - Help

Tuner

Validate Cable License Failed Error F0 - No Response from HPtuners - Help

Can anyone advise me on what this issue is and how to resolve it (Validate Cable License Failed Error F0). I have confirmed the application key is correct. I have replaced both cables on my interface and still no luck. I tried resyncing the interface through the editor. No luck. I emailed HPtuners support 24 hours ago and still no response. I received an automated response with a link to check on the status. This link is prompting me to log in with no place to log in on the screen. I tried a different internet browser since mine is old and still no way to log in. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is the entire HPtuners staff at SEMA?

What is your support ticket #?
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Most of the time swapping to a new USB cable fixes this issue from what I've found https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...icenses-Failed
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    What is your support ticket #?

I received a response today at 12:12 CST for 192087. It has been intermittent, but is working at the moment. I have a spare set of cables I swapped and they didn't change it. It is working now for whatever reason and I am currently tuning and will respond to the email when I know if it is working or not. I logged so many tickets because I could not access the status of the first ticket through the link. It said I needed to log in, but no button or place to log in. Not sure what was up with that. Thanks.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Most of the time swapping to a new USB cable fixes this issue from what I've found https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...icenses-Failed
    Yes. I read that and tried different cables. Didn't fix it. Still evaluating the status. It is working at the moment. Thanks.

Tuner
    I think I know what was happening. I think the power to the OBDII port was intermittent and would lock up my usb port. I would then go to another vehicle and have the same issue. I found that if I exited the software and would connect to the other vehicles it was fine. After much frustration and agony I don't care to try to recreate the problem. Thanks Keith and Bill.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by SB2PRO View Post

I received a response today at 12:12 CST for 192087. It has been intermittent, but is working at the moment. I have a spare set of cables I swapped and they didn't change it. It is working now for whatever reason and I am currently tuning and will respond to the email when I know if it is working or not. I logged so many tickets because I could not access the status of the first ticket through the link. It said I needed to log in, but no button or place to log in. Not sure what was up with that. Thanks.
    If its intermittent then it could be an issue with the usb port on the interface or your pc, try using an alternate usb port on your pc to see if it clears up totally. If it does great, if not its likely an issue with the port on the interface in which case we would recommend upgrading to the MPVI2.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"