Thread: My Recommendation for an affordable Laptop Mount

Potential Tuner

My Recommendation for an affordable Laptop Mount

I?ve been growing frustrated with my previous means of actually tuning. I?ve grown accustomed to the weird looks I would receive in parking lots and gas stations having my laptop out all Willy Nilly, and decided to finally do something about it. I ordered this Laptop seat rail mount on amazon,

AA-Products K002-A Car Under Seat Installation Laptop Stand with Ball-Head https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MQTM39V..._wEDWDbDS45MYW

I have to say that for $60, I?m quite impressed. I do have my seat moved forward to help support the stand, however it isn?t really required if you position the stand with the laptops center of gravity in mind. I?ve tried this with my 15.6? 2 in 1, both in tablet mode, and in laptop mode. I ended up buying a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse just for the convenience when I?m at a stop, but the touchscreen functionality allows me to start and stop logging pretty effortlessly. I solely use the stand as way of having the laptop in an ?A-Frame? configuration now as that seems to be easiest on the eyes and also gains fair less attention of others in traffic.

This is installed in my 2006 5.3L SWB Trailblazer Lemme know what you think!

[edit: I?ll post pics shortly, Killing time in line at the bmv and didn?t realize I couldn?t add pictures from mobile]

Tuner
    That looks really neat... thanks for letting us know about it!

Potential Tuner
    $60 seems pretty cheap for that mount. I think I purchased mine for almost $100.