Thread: EGS 52 OS update

EGS 52 OS update

Hi every one,
    I'm french and begin with hptuners and would know if an EGS 52 OS could be updated.
    I have a egs 52 tune where we can adjust tcc pattern, I use it to remap a tcm for a friend. But in my own egs 52 there is no tcc pattern tabs.
    I tried to write entire my friend tcm tune, but have issues when starting the car and trans go to degraded mode.
    I asked support, they don't know why I've got issues after writing this tune.
    Somebody could help me?

Sorry if my english is bad

Advanced Tuner
    Don't tune a TCM with hp tuners. I bricked one and support has no idea why and they told me to not tune tcm's anymore. I have the email somewhere.

Not exactly what I want to hear from a company whose Mission Statement reads:
    The HP Tuners Mission Statement
    To provide the most complete, cost effective tuning and data acquisition solutions for enthusiasts, professional workshops and dealerships. Our years of success and experience in the automotive industry gives us the competitive advantage to stay ahead of the market, innovate and adapt to future technologies first. Continuing to develop an unprecedented product offering and the necessary technical support to back it up.

How HP Tuners sets the Industry Standard
    Our latest generation of hardware and software offers the fastest reads and writes, the most competitive price and feature rich products the market has to offer. No other commercial package today can provide you with the ease of use, data integrity, technical support or higher reliability than HP Tuners.

Ok, I understand but what can I use?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by arbracam26 View Post
    Ok, I understand but what can I use?
    What did support say?

People need to know that if you want to tune a dodge tcm you're taking the chance it'll get ruined and support will say SORRY. Thats not good business in my opinion.

Did you use the scanner for the egs initiate function? You shouldn't have to but if the tcm no longer works you have nothing to lose.

OR are you saying you are trying to write your friends tcm tune to your tcm? Those tcc pattern tables (pressure over offset) are only in the early EGS53's, I've only seen them in 2008 tcm's

And egs init button doesn't work to...

Last egs 52's also have tcc pattern tables ( 3 modes comfort, sport and normal). Yes I'm trying to write my friend tcm tune (egs52) on my tcm. I want to have my tcc completly blocked and have a real manual mode.
    I've bought an EGS 53 and it dosen't work and I don't know why.
    When I will go back to home, I will put hpt files in attachment.

I readed your post about egs 53 swap. The egs 52 you shown have all the tables that I would.

Tuner in Training
    From what I've read, the EGS52 doesn't like being flashed a whole lot, particularly the police cars with column shifters (my first guess would be some difference in the shifter assembly circuitry betweeen column and console shifters). I've flashed my EGS53 in my 2008 300 SRT8 dozens of times with no problems. If it's possible to switch to an EGS53, I would start with that, and then take a look at modifying the TCC and Autostick settings to match your needs.

Unfortunately the vast majority of 1st Gen LX cars are from 2005 & 2006, which are all NGC3/EGS52. So finding the right replacement controller can be a pain.

Thanks for your help, I will buy another egs53 and hope it could work.