Thread: Fg g6et dsc light on after tune

Potential Tuner

Fg g6et dsc light on after tune(solved)

Hi Guys,
    I did a tune on another workshops 2012 g6et the other day and after I had pulled the engine calibration only and put only injector data in and re flashing back to the car so that they could start it to check other work they had done it came up with 3 faults up on the dash, system comms fault, abs and dsc.
    The data coming from the car for the engine and transmission had no faults so I tuned the car and saved the tune. We took the car back to ford and got a standard tune flashed back into the car but still have the fault code from the abs module which is u0401 invalid data received from ecm/pcm.
    The other shop involved believe that their was no faults with the car but have had done major suspension work(coil overs and diff bushes), intercooler and exhaust work so have been in where they may have with out knowing caused this fault.
    Basically what I need to know is has anyone else experienced anything similar when flashing fg falcons if so what was the final fix for this. I had flashed my own 2010 xr6t about a dozen times the weekend before and not experienced any faults codes on the dash except when it was writing to the car but nothing permanent.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by gasxp; 07-04-2017 at 04:00 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Well the other shop had an opportunity to look at the car over the weekend and through process of elimination managed to eliminate the fault code. One vital piece of information that I did leave out was that they had fitted an e boost to the car and removed the factory boost solenoid. It did come up as a fault code p0243 in the engine but I turned it off in the software and this made no difference to the dsc light. Apparently after fitting the boost solenoid back to the car they were able to clear all fault codes and the dsc light went out.
    This was on a series 2 fg and when I tried the same thing on my own fg series 1 I did not get any fault code except p0243 but no dsc faults. I did not personally see the end result but I have lost a lot of time and money on this car and would like to know if any series 2 owners would be willing to disconnect their boost control solenoids to see if they experience a similar problem.
    About all we can learn from this is if you fit an e boost (which I tried to talk them out of) leave the factory boost solenoid connected.
    Thanks

Potential Tuner
    First of all, sorry for bumping an old thread. I just made an account to leave some feedback on this post.

I've been struggling for nearly three years on a NA to Turbo swap build on my FG2 Falcon with multiple ABS and DSC-related issues. I took this car to mechanics, auto-electricians, and tuners who were unable to solve the issues. It had been an absolute nightmare and immense source of stress.
    We swapped ECUs, ABS modules, Dash clusters, etc. and never seemed to get anywhere with the faults.
    After over two years of this car bouncing around from shop to shop, they finally gave up on it and sent it back to me. When I got it back, and no idea what I should do with this car, I googled the code at the top of the list - "U401", and this post came up...

The similarities between gasxp's experience and mine were there. I also had ABS, DSC, and comm faults displaying on the dash, and I knew that it didn't have a factory wastegate solenoid (the plan from day one had been to use an aftermarket boost control system, so according to the tuners I'd spoken to, it wasn't required). So when I read gasxp's update saying "Apparently after fitting the boost solenoid back to the car they were able to clear all fault codes and the dsc light went out." I was actually in disbelief. I didn't believe that it would be so simple. I asked around, and was told by multiple people that it wouldn't be caused by the wastegate solenoid.

I decided to take the chance. I took it back to another auto-sparky, had them wire up the wastegate solenoid (and boost sensor, one wire is different between the NA and Turbo looms), and sure enough, they were able to clear the fault codes, and the DSC light went out. I couldn't believe it...

So anyway, I just wanted to post and thank this seven-year-old post for helping me finally solve this problem. I don't know if gasxp will see this, but I wanted to thank them for not only posting their question here, but also sharing the resolution, I don't think we would have figured out the issue without it.

if any series 2 owners would be willing to disconnect their boost control solenoids to see if they experience a similar problem.
    Can finally confirm that a disconnected Wastegate Solenoid led to a similar problem.

Thanks heaps, gasxp.