Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ford Falcon BA XR6T Turbo 4.0

Tuner in Training
    I have not got a scan tool myself, we use MoTeC at work which does everything we need for the race cars.

I can borow a snap on scan/diagnostic unit though so I will do that. I think I saw it count 5 DTCs at one point.. but VCM Scanner couldnt read anything of course.. a shame.

Tuner in Training
    They are stock injectors. Put a stock tune in it and I’ll bet it will run fine. And some new plugs because it sounds like you have killed them

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by bpm View Post
    They are stock injectors. Put a stock tune in it and I?ll bet it will run fine. And some new plugs because it sounds like you have killed them
    Have put several different stock tunes in. The ones from repository F6, xr6t etc, copied file from the cars old ecu which it had when it was last running. Put in lukes stock xr6t fike. Does not start or run fine! Have several sets of plugs and new coils etc. I pulled plugs out other night they are still useable.

Thanks for input but has some things going on with it for sure.

Advanced Tuner
    Maybe the injectors have been drilled???
    Tune with actual data not simulated data!.....Applied Road/track Tuning

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Yortt View Post
    A lot of maybes...

Completely unknown history in the car, current owner knows nothing about it as they have inherited it as is.
    Previous owner no longer with us, and the person before them who potentially built the thing is no longer contactable or unresponsive to contact attempts.. Perhaps because the rego says its an xr8 they may know the history isn't quite spot on with it.

I have heard it running so it can and will run.. just have to figure out why it has its no start condition or its idle condition.

I have injector settings that will allow it to run quite smoothly, the issue was that after time say 15-20mins the idle would deteriorate then it would no longer maintain an idle and stall and after that only crank but no start condition.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Yortt View Post
    if it gets towed to the workshop I can then pull parts off and inspect.. can pull an injector and see if its been modified... dig into it a bit.

It may have an electrical or sensor issue causing the problems really.. need to carry on with the diagnosis and testing. Also need to be 100% sure the ecu file or map is correct for the car which is a pain.. as the stock xr6t stuff doesn't seem to fly.

Tuner
    How did you go with this car Fast Eddie ? Were the injectors stock or drilled . Did you put a fuel pressure guage on see what line pressure it had

Potential Tuner
    Hi there , I've come across this thread after looking for a place to tune my ba xr6t , and u wouldn't believe it , this is my car, and to give you the good news , it's running and back on the road with minor problems as of now , needs a tune and a catch can and maybe a turbo timer , a couple of hoses to be replaced for my peace of mind after sitting for so long , replaced the battery and did a flush of fuids and injectors replaces , and the car was fixed by a really smart dedicated man , and I know he had another ecu that was in previously, he put it back in and had the locksmith come out and redo with new keys and it started first go , it does have a slight weak idle at beginning and sometimes after I've driven somewhere and turned it off, it's a little unwanted to start up again without a little throttle play, but runs well after started and in gear, hence the looking for a tune place , can I get any recommendations please, ? I just wanted to comment that the car is going in case anyone was wondering too, oh and coz I'm so happy as I never thought I'd get it going again ... thanks for all the comments and input as it all went towards my car being on the road again today , thanks every one much appreciated 👏 💐 🥳 👍🏻 😀

Potential Tuner
    Ps , this was a long journey, and I am so happy that my late hubby's car in working again he would be so proud , and I am feeling like his happy to see his baby going again ❤️