Thread: Purchased 2 Need Help

Potential Tuner

Purchased 2 Need Help

I purchased 2 credits a few days ago but when trying to flash a tune I get a message that I have to purchase credits because license not recognized. Not sure why?

More details.

You didn't say if you already licensed the file you are trying to flash. Also you didn't say what kinda of vehicle it's for or what HP Tuners product you are using.

MPVI will need a application key updated if you bought new credits. The MPVI2 has to re-sync the device because all of that stuff is cloud based over the internet.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    More details.

You didn't say if you already licensed the file you are trying to flash. Also you didn't say what kinda of vehicle it's for or what HP Tuners product you are using.

MPVI will need a application key updated if you bought new credits. The MPVI2 has to re-sync the device because all of that stuff is cloud based over the internet.

I'm a Newbie at his. I have a 2015 Corvette Z51 M7 and have MPVI2.

I did re-sync after connecting to my obd2. I did a compare file with a tune I received. It's possible that I may have licensed the wrong file. How can I tell if a file is licensed?

Potential Tuner
    I just realized I licensed the wrong vin. Is there a way to correct this without have to purchase another 2 credits?

Potential Tuner
    Contacted HP Tuners and they told me I had to purchase another 2 credits. THAT SUCKS!

Yep, welcome to tuning with credits lol.

If this time around you license the correct file and it still asks for credits when you write it, look into the problem being that you read the fuel pump control module. As that costs extra credits as well. Just do a re-read of the stock file without the FPCM selected in the menu, then it will allow you to write it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner

Thumbs up

Thank you for the info! I purchased an additional 2 credits and will try that tonight. Have a good one!