Thread: BF ZF6 Speed to TH400 No data logging when trans removed

Potential Tuner

BF ZF6 Speed to TH400 No data logging when trans removed

G'day fellas,

I have got a 2005 bf xr6t that was a factory zf car i have now put a turbo 400 in it and when i have gone to change it from a auto to manual in the trans section of the tune i loose the data logging in the vcm scanner.

When i plug the trans back into the loom and select enable on the trans in the tune everything works as it should

When i unplug the trans but leave it as auto in the tune the data logging works but the car wont rev over 1500rpm.

If i unplug the trans and disable the auto in the tune the car will rev and drive all ok but i have no data logging. I have a O2 sensor wired into the side of the mpvi pro and it will log regardless of what the rest of the car is doing..

Was just wondering if anyone else had come across this issue before and could give me some advise.

Also if anyone has a BF XR6T manual tune I could get a copy of it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Bill

Advanced Tuner
    post file and log.

Also what have you done with wiring at the ZF plug?

Potential Tuner
    I have attached the tune but i cannot get a log when the zf is turned off i can put up a log from before I swapped boxes if you like?

I have pulled the wiring through the engine bay and have the zf plugged in and sitting infront of the car.

Cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Bit of an update on the car.

I have got a BF manual tune and flashed it into my car and now the car will start, rev, data log and work as it should but i have a oil pressure light and traction control/abs lights. I scanned the car and it has codes as follows:
    P0520 Engine oil pressure sensor/switch circuit malfunction
    P0801 Reverse inhibit control circuit malfunction

I have looked at the wiring diagram for this car and it seems that the oil pressure sensor is the same pin out on both manual and auto. Im not sure about the reverse but im not to stressed with it. Has anyone seen this before?

Advanced Tuner
    just turn the MIL off for those codes

Advanced Tuner
    I believe joining the 2 canbus circuits at the trans plug and bridging the N start wire will allow you to select manual and just turn off the MIL for the codes.

however with no speed input you'll have to try a few things. maxing the inferred movement RPM and neutral limits is required

Tuner in Training
    Luke is correct for the 2 canbus wires, but being originally zf the car should be using the wheel speed sensors for the speedo.

The manual tune you flashed in may have suited a different ecu and wiring configuration. Just a thought.

I'm currently putting in a Powerglide and about to modify the wiring. Haven't found the neutral start wire but honestly haven't had a hard look yet.