Thread: ETC axis question

ETC axis question

Here's a little back drop. I'm running a ported vmp gen3 with elliptical whipple throttlebody and dd149mm intake on a extensively built 5.0 3v using a billet manifold running 3v spanish oak ecm. I've logged and corrected part/low throttle predicted table and applied changes to effective table BUT, on my effective area axis in the predicted tables, the axis values top out at 4.247 (in squared). I haven't approached this threshold yet as I'm still working on low end stuff including maf with limited time to actually tune n the car in small windows. My concern is this, I've looked at gt500 tables just for comparison as this blower, throttlebody and intake was made exclusively for the gt500 platform ,as most of you know, and the effective area axis usually goes quite a bit higher from 9.*** -11.*** (in squared). I am thinking that once i start on W.O.T. tuning I will run out of range so should I re-map my effective area axis in predicted table, then edit histograms to match and start over with my throttlebody tuning ? If so, would I just steal the gt500 eff area axis or is there a specific data or math I need to apply to figure this out ?

Yes, you definitely want to rescale the axis to capture your full operational range.

There is no real magic there. I find that the table is dimensionally a bit small for my liking, so I densify the axis values in areas that have less linear data.

What’s the measure as I can find no data on the elliptical for the effective axis in predicted table? Also since I started with stock 3v map, I was using the tuning school book, it doesn’t reference the calculator so how to populate the effective area would be my next question. Is there a calculation and what’s the formula ?