Thread: Help with Characterization

Help with Characterization

This is a E38 Corvette 6.2 with 9.5:1 compression, Tooley Stage 4 cam, and Deka 80lbs injectors at 58psi so 92lbs essentially. Fitted to a Nissan 350z. I am quite adept at Dodge tuning but this one is not making sense to me. I have scavenged injector data from the web and thrown it in for these specifically. I just cant even get an idle stable enough to remove my foot off the pedal. Anyone care to point me in the right direction? There is no mafs fitted to the engine.

Why are the trims so stubborn to learn? Sometimes fuel system status will even have a fault.
    Attached Files Attached Files

To get around the 63.5lb/hr limit within the calibration you need to use the work around.

Double the stoich, half the IFR and half the IVT terms. This will help you out a lot instead of trying to scale the fueling so much because your injectors are way larger than the entered 63.5lb/hr value. Then just tune in lambda with your wideband in open loop.

I wouldn't even care what the fuel trims or o2 sensors are doing until you can get the airflow model somewhat dialed with the wideband.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Double stoich, halve AFR terms an set the injector flow rate as required.

If dead head system, take stock table and multiply by 2% until the last cell is as close to max without over shooting it as you can be. If return vac reference the set whole table to one value.

Then just dial in with VE tables.

I would personally apply the 2bar custom OS before going further. it will make your life easier with no MAF
    Last edited by lukearmstrong1990; 11-08-2019 at 08:55 AM.

I have gotten my hands on the car again and plugged these techniques in. I attempted to tune the vve in closed loop from ltft with little success. I tried tuning in open loop off wideband with minor success. The histogram wanted 40% more fuel at idle yet the wideband reported 11.0-14.0. I then decided to put the car back into closed loop and try a different histogram, this time with stft+ltft and that finally started making the engine behave. I cannot release the throttle below 22% which is barely on it anyhow without the car stalling, that is the major pain at the moment.