Thread: 2015 Mustang GT TT KNOCK RETARD ISSUE

2015 Mustang GT TT KNOCK RETARD ISSUE

I have been dealing with this issue some time and still can not figure it out. I redid my entire MAF curve and got it dialed in with multiple drives using a suggested math from Murfie here on the forum. I also relocated my MAF because it was to close to a 90* bend which seemed to clean up the signal but did not correct my timing issue.

The issue is I am getting KR at really low rpms. by 4k RPM it is pulling 3+ degrees setting my timing to around 14, see pic below.
    Timing.png

My question, is this normal for these cars? I am use to running a lot more timing than this even without e85 or race gas. Should I not be running more than 14 on 93 pump? I am currently running 93 and curious do I need to set up to e85 in order to get more timing? The boost is only set at 6psi and its at full boost by this point. Any advice is appreciated, I have attached the full log below.

DriveHome11919.hpl

Not normal in most cases but quite normal in your case, almost 19' of spark and engine doesn't like at all.

Add spark source and VCT schedule to your log - and please post shorter logs - digging in 23 min for one event is not "encouraging".

Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Not normal in most cases but quite normal in your case, almost 19' of spark and engine doesn't like at all.

Add spark source and VCT schedule to your log - and please post shorter logs - digging in 23 min for one event is not "encouraging".
    Can you explain what you mean by not normal in most cases but quite normal in mine?

Here are 2 logs I just did really quick adding spark source and VCT schedule. Unfortunately traffic is heavy and this was the best I could do right now.
    4thgfear.hpl
    4thgfear2.hpl

Full chooch and 24 degrees of timing - it's just too much. It's starting too high with timing, adding too aggressively. Start with like 10-12 and work your way up.

Your STFT's still needs attention - add more fuel. Make it simpler for now - disable your IMRC.